Eleven.

Lani had been with them for three days, and it had been a learning experience for both Demi and Trey. Lani was at that age where she was trying to be independent but still wanted to be babied, so she clung to either Trey or Demi a lot. Mostly it was Demi because Trey had practice, but when he had to tow her around for the whole day while Demi was in class, they really bonded, and it made Trey realize that after him and Demi finally got married, he wanted to work on having babies with her as soon as possible. He would love to have mini version of himself or a little Demi running around their over sized house.

"Trey?" It was her fourth day with them and Trey was on Lani duty. He wanted to go buy some new shoes so they had done that, but it had quickly turned into a shopping trip for her as well, and then they ended up getting some things for Demi too. Now they were heading back home because she needed a nap and he could use one as well.

"Yeah?" Johnathan was driving them so Trey looked over at her in the booster seat that they had picked up for her. She hugged the teddy bear that she had made at Build-A-Bear before looking at him again with her big brown eyes.

"Do you think my parents are gonna stay together?" She questioned. Trey didn't know how to answer her. He hadn't even known that things between Sean and Naya had been bad, because they always seemed to be perfectly fine. But every couple has a breaking point, and they had been together for a long time...since high school. Sometimes love just wasn't enough, but he wasn't completely sure about how crucial their situation was, so he still wasn't sure what to say.

"I think your parents love each other very much but they may just need to be away from each other for a while. They've been together since we were all in high school and your mom first got pregnant with you," Trey replied as Lani's eyes widened.

"Really? Wow that's a long time," she gushed with the most amazed look on her face. Trey chuckled at her expression as the car pulled to a stop.

"Yeah, longer than you've been alive." It was funny watching her eyes get all big and her mouth form an "O." Little kids were just so amazed at the world around them, and that was amazing to watch. It really got him thinking.

If he took the deal and stayed with the Nets for the next five years, he wouldn't be able to have kids with Demi. He wouldn't have time. As soon as the season was over, it was just pre season training and endorsements and events until the new season started. And Mikhalil had been talking about teams overseas wanting him and even playing on the Olympic team. He wouldn't have time for a family. He would barely even have time for Demi. He wouldn't be able to move down to wherever Harvard was because four hours was too long of a commute. How would they even have time to plan a wedding?

"Trey." Lani snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked down at her as they exited the car. "You should stop thinking so hard before you get those ugly lines on your forehead," she advised before sauntering into the house behind Johnathan. He couldn't stop thinking. How was he supposed to build up his future with Demi when his career was gonna completely explode if he took this deal?

"I'm sure Trey will be thrilled that you're here." Somehow, Demi always got caught in the awkward situations. April had gone back home, something about a special event at church, and Trey's dad had come to replace her. Not on purpose, but he just happened to be in town and said that he needed to discuss business with his son. That was another reason why Trey and Demi had such a strong relationship. They could both bond over the broken relationships with their fathers. Mr. Neverson was hardly there to raise Trey up like he wanted him to be, and Patrick had abused her when all she wanted him to do was love and protect her. They both had daddy issues.

"I'm sure he will be. How have you been, Demi?" His dad was charming and she could see why April, and tons of other women, had fallen in love with him. But she had been around him enough to know that his charm could never make up for him practically abandoning his own family to make money that only he really enjoyed.