Fourteen.

It was Drake.

She hadn't seen him since high school. She didn't see him the day they graduated because she had still been upset about him telling Kae who told Jhene about her and Trey hooking up but that was like six years ago. She was over it but that didn't make seeing him any less shocking. It was Drake. The Drake that she had briefly dated and gotten high with in the park and the Drake that skipped school with her to get fro-yo and took her to prom. It was Drake. In the flesh. Standing in front of her and smiling with his baby face and he neatly trimmed hair.

"What-"

"Hey baby, good job out there!" She felt Trey's sweaty arms wrap around her bare abdomen and she forced a smile on her face as he finally saw who was standing in front of them, the person who had her shell shocked.

"You remember Drake, right?" Demi asked as Trey removed his arms and nodded. Of course he remembered Drake. He never had much of a problem with him except for the fact that he had gone off telling his and Demi's business and he was a fuckboy back in high school that got to take his best friend to prom. But none of that mattered because Demi was the one wearing his jersey and sleeping in his bed every night so he had no reason to hold a grudge.

"Thanks for coming out tonight man. It's been a while." They weren't even friends back in high school so Trey wasn't interested in hanging out with him.

"Yeah, you can say that." Demi was uncomfortable. She didn't know what she was supposed to say to him after not seeing him for six years. Was he expecting something from her?

"I'm gonna go get changed for dinner. I'll meet you in the car." Trey pecked Demi's cheek and shot Drake one last warning glance before leaving the two of them alone. Demi wanted to run off with him but she felt like she had to stay and keep up a conversation with him. She was too nice to just walk away.

"Demi, you look good," Drake complimented. Demi didn't even know why, because she received compliments like that from Trey every day, but something about Drake saying it caused her cheeks to heat up but she played with her hair so that it covered her face a little bit.

"Thank you. I just can't believe you're here right now. What are you doing here?" She questioned, folding her arms over her chest as the gym began to clear out. Even though she had been extremely sweaty during the game, she was beginning to get cold as all the heat left her body.

"I'm actually working with Jay Z on some music stuff," Drake answered as Demi widened her eyes in surprise. She didn't even know that Drake was interested in that type of stuff. All that he had ever talked about was going to live with his dad after high school.

"Wow, that's great that's um...so I assume you're going to the dinner?" She mentally scolded herself to get it together. She shouldn't be nervous. She shouldn't be stumbling over her words. She and Drake were barely even friends anymore and they had barely dated. She was engaged. She was in love. And it wasn't with him.

"Yeah, so I better head out. I'll save you a seat," Drake said, his adorable smile gracing his face once again. He looked so good. He had looked good in high school too but he had matured so well and his style was so nice. Demi just nodded her head as he walked past her but not before placing a kiss on her cheek and leaning down to whisper in her ear.

"I've really missed you. I hope we have time to catch up with each other." His words were so innocent but there was an underlying tone beneath them that suggested that he wanted something more than to just "catch up."

Her eyes moved to the side and they shared a longing glance before he walked out of the gym and Demi was left alone. There were still people there, mostly reporters and fans, but Demi had completely forgotten about them. Had anybody else saw that? Feeling self - conscious, Demi tucked a piece of hair behind her ear before heading to the locker room with her head down, reminding herself that Drake was in her past and Trey was her future.