Ten.

"How was the game sweetie?" Dianna asked her as soon as she entered the house. Did she feel like going to a party tonight? No. But Trey just needed her so badly so of course she had agreed to go.

"We won," Demi said before jogging up the stairs to her room. She wanted to do her homework and go to sleep but it looked like she would have to do it during home room again.

Demi pushed open the door to her room and threw her bags down, about to take off her uniform skirt until she noticed Patrick sitting on her bed.

"Oh," her eyes shifted over to the door and she wondered how successful she would be with a getaway if she sprinted. She was stronger and faster than him when he was drunk but sober...that was a different story.

"How was the game?" She swallowed in disgust as his eyes raped her body and she began to shake over the fear of what was to come. He wasn't supposed to be home that early.

"Fine," she gulped down again and took a small step back towards her door. Maybe she could run fast enough to make it downstairs so her mother could see her.

"Hmmm," he hummed, because he didn't care about how good the game was. He only cared about one thing.

Demi looked over at the door one more time before bolting for it but Patrick anticipated her move. He slammed her door and locked it before throwing her over his shoulder and pushing her down onto the bed. She squirmed and kicked and cried and begged but he didn't listen. He never listened. It didn't matter that she was his daughter and it was just wrong on so many levels for him to abuse her like that. None of that mattered to him. Only one thing mattered, and he got it.

"No, no, no, no." Trey was awakened by Demi's whimpers and the feel of her sweaty body pushing against his. He cracked his eyes open and saw her struggling to get out of his arms, her eyes still closed with tears cascading down her cheeks.

"No, stop! Please stop!" She yelled, fully awakening him now. He unwrapped his arms from around her and sat up, trying to stir her awake so that her nightmare would end. This is the third time tonight that she's woken up like this and it was only three am.

"Get off of me!" She screamed as Trey sat her up and violently shook her so that she would wake up. Her protests stopped as she opened her eyes and saw where she was. She wasn't in her old bedroom, but she was in the bed with Trey. The sun wasn't setting, but it was completely dark outside. She wasn't in California. She was in New York.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered, breaking down into sobs as she plopped her head on Trey's shoulder. She really was tired and she knew that he was too but she just couldn't stay asleep without those nightmares plaguing her dreams. She'd never had them before but it seemed like ever since the funeral it was all that she could think about. Why couldn't she bury those horrible memories with him? Why did they all of the sudden come back?

"It's okay. I promise it's okay. Maybe you should go see someone about this." Trey wasn't even finished with his sentence and Demi was already shaking her head. She didn't want to sit across from someone that she didn't know and spew out everything that was wrong with her because her father used to rape her and her mother used to allow it. She just wanted to forget about it. She had done a good job of doing that but ever since the funeral, everything that had come back to her. She just had to suppress those memories again and it would all be okay.

"You know that I only want what's best for you, right? I wouldn't suggest going to see someone if I didn't think that it would help," Trey explained to her as she nodded, but she still wasn't going to see anyone about anything.

"And you want to be a psychiatrist, right? How do you expect to help other people with their problems when you won't even attempt to go see someone to help you solve yours?" Trey reminded her but Demi just ignored him and laid back down. She wouldn't be able to sleep but it was easier to tune him out.