Eighteen

You can taste the dishonesty
It's all over your breath as you pass it off so cavalier
But even that's a test
Constantly aware of it all
My lonely ear
Pressed against the walls of your world

Prayin' to catch you whispering
I'm prayin' you catch me listening
I'm prayin' to catch you whispering
I'm prayin' you catch me
I'm prayin' to catch you whispering
I'm prayin' you catch me listening

"Demi, you're doing great but it feels like you're dancing ahead of the music. I know you just learned this choreography but this is a big moment." Demi honestly forgot the name of the choreographer because the only thing that she could focus on was all of the corrections that she was giving her. They had been rehearsing all day and Demi was exhausted. She knew that signing on to dance with Beyonce for a few shows was a huge commitment but she wasn't expecting it to be like this.

"Okay." Demi tightened her ponytail and resumed her starting position. It wasn't like she was dancing this number on the stage. It was just for one of the videos that would be played during the concert. But Demi wasn't used to dancing soft and emotional. She was used to hitting every beat and dancing as hard as she could so why Beyonce asked her to do this dance when it wasn't her strongest style was beyond her.

"I think we should call it for the day. Everyone is tired and we have plenty of time to work on it," the choreographer said as Beyonce entered the room. She nodded so everyone began to gather their things and exit the studio. Demi chugged down the rest of her water and turned her phone back on before she began to walk out of the studio.

"Hey, you did great today," Beyonce said as Demi widened her eyes.

"Really?"

"Don't sound so surprised. I wouldn't have asked you to dance with me if I didn't think that you could do it. Have a nice night," she said before letting her go. Demi walked into the cool night air before slipping into the black town car where Johnathan was waiting for her. She greeted him before he pulled away and made it to her house in record time. All she wanted was a hot bath and a nice cuddle with her man.

When she entered the house, Trey was in the living room watching one of his old games with a giant bowl in his lap. It was probably cereal or something.

"Hey baby!" He said as dropped her bag and plopped down next to him on the leather sofa.

"Are those noodles? Can I please have some?" Demi whined as Trey nodded and gave her his fork. April always used to make them ramen noodles when they would come home from school. Then she made them make their own when they got older and it had become something like a tradition.

"I haven't had these in so long," she moaned as she twirled a bunch of noodles around her fork.

"How was your first day?"

"Terrible. Like Naya's first try out for the Brooklynettes terrible. All of those girls have been dancing their entire lives and they're way better than me. They know the style that she likes and most of the choreography. I'm just trying to keep up," Demi explained as Trey nodded in understanding. It was one thing jokingly learning all of the choreography in her music videos but it was completely different when you actually had to do it and be on time and everything. It was like a whole new world, even if she was captain of the Brooklynettes.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" Trey asked before she perked up.

"Let's watch Lemonade," she suggested, grabbing the remote off of the table and going to their recorded shows.

"Demi, you've watched it almost every day since it came out and you've been listening to the songs all day. I'd rather watch 'Clueless'," he said with a roll of his eyes as she shook her head. He knew that this was a battle he had already lost.

"Okay we'll watch it but you can't be getting mad at me like you did when we first watched it," Trey warned her as she giggled but nodded her head anyways. She grabbed the cashmere throw blanket on the ottoman and wrapped it around both of them as the movie started.

It was now August but Trey and Demi had tied the knot back in June with the most extravagant wedding that New York had ever seen. It took place in the Hamptons and it was everything that Demi could've ever dreamed of. It cost them a lot but Trey wanted Demi to have her dream wedding and that was exactly what she got, especially with Beyonce and Jay Z singing "Forever Young" as they shared their first dance as a married couple. It was perfect and all of the gossip blogs and magazines wouldn't stop talking about it for weeks. Their honeymoon was in Fiji because Demi had always wanted to go there and that was the most peaceful time of their lives. As soon as they got back, it was back to work, and now they were busier than ever.

"What do you have to do today?" Trey asked the next morning after the best night of sleep that both of them had in a while.

"I have a meeting with this lady named Petra...I forgot what it was for. Then rehearsals again and if we get out on time I was gonna hang out with Naya and Lani but rehearsals will probably run late again," Demi said as Trey nodded. Not only was she filling in for a few shows but there was this huge VMA performance that Beyonce was doing that she wanted Demi to dance in. There was a lot on her plate and she was glad she hadn't piled school on top of all of that.

"You can't squeeze in some time for your man?" He questioned, walking around the kitchen counter and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I think I have an hour to spare before my meeting. What'd you have in mind?" She raised an eyebrow but already knew what he was thinking as he swept her off of her feet and practically sprinted back up the stairs. She loved being married. They already acted like a married couple before they got married but now it was like there was something special about their marriage. Now they truly felt unbreakable.

"I need to talk to you about something," Demi said as soon as she made it home from her meeting. Trey was in the kitchen completely devouring a pizza so she sat down next to him and helped herself to a slice.

"So you know how I've been dancing with Beyonce?" Demi started, peeling the pepperoni off of the pizza before taking a bite. Trey nodded and turned so he was completely facing her.

"The creative director of the LA Clippers Dance Team wants me to be on the team next season. And E! is doing like a reality show based around them so I'll be on that too, if I decide to join them," Demi explained.

"But you're on the Brooklynettes and I'm on the Nets. If you accept that offer, that means moving to Los Angeles and I definitely can't make the move with you because of my contract," Trey responded. He didn't sound upset but then again, Trey had gotten really good with masking his true feelings over the past few months. He was probably just trying to avoid a huge blowout like the one they had about her going to med school.

"I know that's why I don't know if I want to do it but I feel like it would be stupid for me to pass this up. I just don't know. Like I wanna go to med school so bad but I have so many opportunities and I don't know if it's worth passing them up," Demi replied. Dancing wasn't her life but the LA Clippers Dance Team was widely known and it would give her a lot of exposure. Medical school could always wait but she felt like if she kept saying that then she would never actually go.

"At the end of the day, it's what's more important to you. Do you want to go dance for them on the other side of the country and be on a reality show or do you want to go to school in January?" Trey questioned as Demi shook her head.

"I don't know. And that's more time away from you. It's like no matter what I choose we're going to be apart because you'll be in Europe training and I was going to go with you but..." Demi trailed off and let her head collapse in her arms on the counter.

"You don't have to make a decision now, baby," Trey tried to comfort her but she was still crying. And he could understand why. Demi was the type of person that didn't like to let anyone down and she felt like not accepting these offers would be letting people down. But what she needed to realize was that she didn't have any obligations to the Clippers. The only obligation she had was to herself and to make herself happy, she needed to do what was best for her. Trey didn't want to be away from her either but they had these insane careers that insisted on keeping them apart. He just hoped that whatever she chose, they would stay together through it all.

Sorry for the late update more to come ((hopefully))