Two.

"Dalllaaaaasssssss!" As soon as they had come to live in New York, Dallas and Forrest had given both her and Trey keys to their apartment just in case they ever needed them to babysit their son, Isaiah. He was the cutest little thing ever and Demi knew that he was gonna be a heartbreaker when he got older.

"Demi, if you wake my son up, I will kill you." Dallas chuckled and wrapped her arms around her sister, squeezing the life out of her before she pulled away and they walked into the kitchen. Dallas was always cooking. She used to work but Forrest told her that he wanted her to quit so that she could focus on taking care of their son. Dallas, surprisingly, had no problem with that which Demi really didn't understand. She would never permanently quit her job to become a housewife. She loved what she did too much.

"It's like twelve, why is he still sleeping?" Demi asked, accepting the plate of food that Dallas pushed over to her.

"He woke up early to hang out with Forrest before he left so I let him go back to sleep." Trey and Forrest both had meetings all day long. It was annoying because Demi actually had the day off and she couldn't even spend it with her husband but he was doing his job so she decided to pay a visit to her sister.

"How's school and everything? You still trying to get into Harvard?" Dallas asked, cutting up a few pieces of watermelon for them to eat.

"Well yeah, it's only my dream school. The only reason I'm at Columbia is because it's close and I'm almost finished there anyways," Demi replied. The whole issue with college was difficult to discuss with Trey because he didn't have to worry about it. He didn't understand why she was still going to college even though she had explained to him numerous times that she wanted her MD because she wouldn't be a dancer forever.

"How does Trey feel about that?" Demi rolled her eyes and just shrugged her shoulders. She stopped talking to Trey about college because he always acted bratty about it because he wasn't getting his way.

"It's only like a four hour drive from here. He just doesn't understand why I want to go for my MD, he doesn't get it," Demi answered. She was already getting frustrated so she took a deep breath and decided to change the subject.

"Um, do you still have the number of the woman who planned your wedding?" Demi asked and Dallas nodded, unlocking her phone and texting the number to her.

"It's about time you and Trey start planning it."

"The way he's talking it sounds like I'm planning it and he's just paying."

"Oh...speaking of weddings, have you talked to Dianna?" Demi looked up from her breakfast and Dallas instantly saw the look of fear in her eyes. Demi had never seeked help for anything that had happened at home, even though she should've. Dallas urged her to when she had finally moved to New York and it was guaranteed that none of that stuff would happen again, but Demi had always said she was fine. But Dallas knew her sister and she knew the effects that abuse had on a person and she wasn't fine. She just didn't want to admit weakness and have help in dealing with something that would always haunt her.

"No, I haven't...why?" Demi asked and Dallas began to clean up the kitchen but kept her eyes on her sister.

"She got remarried to this man named Eddie. He's like, he's rich, Demi. He's like a multimillionaire. They live in some huge estate in Texas. And she wants to talk to you," Dallas stated. Dallas didn't have the greatest relationship with her mother because she didn't like her that much but she still talked to her and they tried to maintain a relationship.

"Oh, good for her," Demi breathed out. She checked the time on her phone and suddenly she wanted to go home and just go to sleep until Trey got there.

"Dem-"

"I'm fine. I think I'm gonna go home and wait for Trey. I'll see you later." Demi pecked her sister on the cheek before abruptly leaving as Dallas sighed in aggravation, annoyed with herself for even bringing it up. She didn't even get to tell her the worst part of it all and she would be mortified if Demi found out from someone who wasn't her.

A few days later Demi was grabbing some of her practice clothes out of her locker to take home to wash when a shiny disk fell out of her locker and clanked to the floor. Demi knelt down and picked it up, checking for any scratches. It was one of those CDs that you could buy in a ten pack at Walmart to burn music or videos onto. The only thing written on it was a date, but it wasn't any date. It was the day that Trey won Rookie of the Year last year, the day of that ceremony.

Demi quirked her eyebrow and she was gonna just throw it away but her curiosity got the best of her so she slipped it into a safe pocket in her purse and continued to clean her locker out. She would deal with that later.

Trey never knew that shopping could be so exhausting. He didn't have practice today but didn't did so while she was grinding and sweating, he decided to go pick up some nice things for her. Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, and Cartier bags adorned his arms and too excited to show her what he had bought, he jogged up the stairs and went straight into their bedroom. But it was empty. And it wasn't just that she wasn't there. Her phone charger, her MacBook and its charger, her glasses, and other stuff was missing. He set the bags down and walked into the closet. A whole shelf on her side of the closet was completely empty and Trey's eyes widened as he realized what was going on. Demi was gone...but why?

Trey walked back into the main part of the room and grabbed his phone. As he was dialing her number, something shiny on her night stand caught his eye so he walked over to it and knelt down. It was her engagement ring placed on top of a CD with a sticky note next to it.

I can't marry a liar.

Trey's worst fear was coming true. Demi had just picked up and left without any type of explanation and he couldn't even begin to think of why. Sure, things weren't as good as they used to be when they were younger and they didn't have so much to worry about, but they were good. They were happy. They were supposed to be getting married. Everything was fine. Or at least he thought it was. But according to Demi and her abrupt actions, things weren't okay, and he didn't even know why.

I had to start off with some cute chapters before we could start having drama lol. Why do you guys think that Trey left? Feedback on this story would be greatly appreciated and I'm gonna try to respond to feedback bc I started but then I stopped. So yeah...just let me know how you feel ☺️