Seventeen.

It was dark outside when Trey came back. Demi was waiting for him downstairs on the couch and when he walked in, he flicked on all of the lights downstairs then stumbled into the kitchen. He was drunk. Demi cursed underneath her breath and silently debated with herself if she should approach him or not. Trey wasn't her father. He wasn't going to hurt her. He knew how to control himself while drinking. But that traumatized part of her that had been abused by a drunk man for years was terrified of him...but of course Trey wouldn't know that because she never told him that. She never told him about how being around any drunk man made her wince and cower away. It just wasn't something she talked about.

She heard the refrigerator slam shut so she decided to approach him. Maybe now he was drinking water. Maybe he was sobering himself up and they would have a nice talk that wouldn't turn into screaming and yelling and fighting.

"Hey...where have you been?" Demi cautiously asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear before resting her palms on the marble counter. He was gulping down a water bottle but his eyes were on her. They were sad and red but also angry and narrowed. He was still upset.

"Do you need anything?" She asked once he finished drinking. She glanced at him then looked at her manicured French tips. Why was she suddenly afraid of him?

"From you? No," he calmly replied before tossing the bottle in the recycling bin and breezing past her to go upstairs. She turned off all of the lights downstairs and followed him.

"Trey, I'm sorry," she apologized again once they were inside of their closet. He was on one side and she was on the other.

"I don't wanna hear you apologize anymore," he grumbled, angrily stripping out of his dirty clothes.

"I know but I don't know how else to fix this-"

"Nothing needs to be fixed. Just shut up because you're giving me a damn headache," Trey hissed, pushing past her to go into the bathroom. Something told her to just stop trying but she didn't want to do that. She didn't want them to hold any grudges against each other and she wanted them to clear this up now.

"Can we just talk about it? You're obviously still upset!" She raised her voice a little bit, causing Trey to turn away from the sink and grab her arm, pushing her against the wall and startling the objects on the shelf, causing one of her body wash bottles to tumble to the ground.

"I don't wanna fucking talk about it, Demi! You think I wanna talk about the fact that you let another man kiss you and shit? No, I don't wanna talk about it so shut the fuck up," he angrily said as Demi stayed pressed against the wall.

"But-"

Her plea was silenced by his lips, his hands forcing her back against the wall and his tongue entangling with hers as he kissed her with more passion than he had in the last month. His lower body ground into hers and he cupped her face in his hands as they continued to kiss.

Demi understood that he was drunk and he was upset but he was scaring her. It was getting harder to breathe and she finally pulled away but he only attacked her lips and ripped her pajama top apart.

"Trey..." She tried to get his attention but he was too focused on biting and sucking on her collarbone. Her lips were swollen and she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, to believe that he didn't realize how strong he was and how he was still pushing her against the wall and forcing her clothes open and how his lips were bruising her skin.

"Trey, please stop," she grabbed his hands and tried to push him off but he was too strong.

"Please, stop," she whimpered, shoving at him some more before she finally pushed him far enough away from her for her to move from the spot on the wall and escape into the bedroom. She heard him fall to the floor and considered helping him but instead she grabbed her pillow and her phone and ran to the guest room. She locked the door and quickly crawled under the covers, placing her hand against her chest because her heart was beating faster than it ever had and her eyes were beginning to fill with tears. She buried her face into her pillow so that he couldn't hear her crying.