Nineteen.

"Girls, this is Demi. She's from the Brooklynettes and she was the captain there. Since we are trying to redo the face of the Clippers, we thought she was the perfect fit for the team. But I'm sure she can introduce herself better than I can," Petra said as she grasped Demi's shoulders in her wrinkly hands. Even though Petra had offered her a spot on the team, she still had to audition and of course they had put her through. It was their first practice and they were all doing introductions and getting to know each other, but Demi had binge watched the first season of their show she knew some of them pretty well.

"I'm Demi Lo-Neverson. Sorry, I forget that I just got married. Um, I danced for the Brooklynettes for four years and I'm married to Trey Neverson, who's on the Brooklyn Knix. Besides this, I'm also dancing for Beyonce for the time being so...yeah." Demi shot everyone a nervous smile as they looked at her in awe. She wasn't trying to brag but they were introducing themselves.

"I'm going to get the music sorted out but everyone warm up!" Petra demanded. Petra was a confusing character. She could be super sweet and really nice but then two seconds later she'd be screaming and cussing everyone out. Guess that's what happened when you're in charge of 22 women.

"Hey, I'm Hannah, it's nice to meet you!" A perky blonde said as they began to warm up. Demi smiled and gave her a "hi" back but then focused back on stretching.

"I've seen you dance before and you're super good. Petra will probably make you captain, especially since you dance for Beyonce. Is she cool?" Hannah asked as Demi chewed on her bottom lip.

"Yeah she's nice," Demi said with a shrug. Naya had asked her about Beyonce once too and she wasn't too sure what to say. She was a celebrity but Demi had been around her for so long that she was used to it by now so she didn't get all freaked out and flustered and stuff. She barely even saw her as a celebrity anymore.

"How long have you known Trey? I'm Gabby by the way," another girl asked as Demi raised her eyebrow.

"Since we were six. We were neighbors so we basically grew up together," Demi replied as everyone around her awed. She didn't realize that everyone was listening to her.

"It must be hard to be away from him, huh? Especially since you guys just got married," another girl named Savanna said. Demi only knew her name because she told everyone that she was co captain last year and planned on being captain this year.

Demi looked down at her shoes as she cleared her throat. Her and Trey had been separated for a week and it wasn't getting any easier. Whoever said that distance makes the heart grow fonder could honestly kiss her ass.

"Yeah...just a little bit. But we should be warming up," Demi said in an attempt to change the subject. And apparently all of these girls were smart enough to catch the hint that she didn't want to talk about her husband.

After three hours of rehearsals with the Clippers Dance Squad, eight hours of rehearsals with Beyonce at the venue where the VMAs were being held, and two hours trying to unpack everything in her new apartment, Demi was exhausted. Exhausted wasn't even the word for it. She was so tired that her hair was beginning to hurt and even though she desperately needed to shower and eat, she couldn't bring herself to even get out of the bed. Her phone began to ring next to her and she groaned as she reached for it, noticing the FaceTime request from Trey.

"Hey baby!" He was in a good mood. She forgot that they were now in completely different time zones. She was getting ready to go to bed but he was just waking up.

"Hey," she breathed out, trying not to show him how much pain she was in or how tired she was. She knew she was taking on a lot when she agreed to all of this but she didn't realize just how much it would take out of her.

"Are you okay? Because you look a little..." He trailed off, not wanting to offend her, but she knew what he meant.

"You just woke up. I don't wanna bother you with my complaints. How was your day yesterday?"

"It was training, just the usual. Baby, what's wrong? You look like you're about to cry," Trey asked. If he wasn't there by contract he would hop on a plane to see her immediately. She looked like she needed some good old TLC and no one knew how to take care of her like Trey did.

"I don't like this. It's too much all in one day. I keep getting Beyonce's choreography mixed with the Clipper's choreography and those girls are so nosy, all they do is ask me about you. And I miss you so much. I'm so lonely here and this isn't fun. I don't wanna do this, I just wanna be with you," she cried, letting the dam that was holding back her tears break loose as she tried to wipe some of her tears away. But she caught a glimpse of her wedding ring and just cried even harder because Trey was in Europe but she was in California.

"Demi, you committed to this. It sucks being away from each other but it's only for a season. I'll come see you on every break that I have and I'll call you every single day. I know you're overwhelmed right now but I believe in you, baby. You're psyching yourself out before you've even started the game. If anyone can do this, it's you. And if you don't like it, then you can quit and go back to New York or come out here with me. I'll be there to support you no matter what, okay?" Trey reassured her as she nodded and rested her head on her arm.

"Do you want me to sing you to sleep?" Trey asked as Demi giggled and shook her head.

"You can't sing Trey," she reminded him.

"I can sing for you though. Get comfortable," he said.

"I gotta take a shower first. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Ooh, can I come with you?" Even thousands of miles away his mind still only stayed on one thing. She shook her head and left her phone face down on her bed while she went to shower. Thirty minutes later she was in her pajamas and tucked under her covers and Trey was about to sing her to sleep.

"Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while. Heaven can wait, we're only watching the stars. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Are you gonna drop the bomb or not?" She smiled as he sang the opening lines of one of her favorite songs ever. She closed her eyes and allowed his off tune but soothing voice to lull her to sleep.