Bloody Seventeen!

To be frank I didn't think this will hit. When I first published it there were only a few reads. But now I'm standing on 1k and can't thank you enough😭
__________________________________________

Beneath the cloudy skies of Konoha, a slightly grown figure approached a boy on a swing.

Their casted shadow was supposed to  force the demon child to raise his head. However, it gave the opposite effect. The blonde boy folded himself, as if trying to shrink out of existence.

"Is that the kind of reaction you give to someone you haven't seen in years? I never knew."

Almost immediately at the sound of the person's voice he snapped his head up, eyes wide in disbelief.

"Mei~chan?" He whispered, as if afraid his saviour would disappear like all the other times.

The youthful girl removed her hat, long dark her tumbling down in waves. Her eyes had gotten darker, more endless in its black hue, but not once had she lost that spark of curiosity.

Her clothes still included that strange combination of black, red, and gray. She adorned an ebony dress with an equal shade of black shoes. Her hair was let down, with a red ribbon woven into a braid in the middle. Her choker had changed, probably because it had become too small to fit her neck.

Her neck, like the rest of her body, was covered with smooth porcelain white skin, still having no effect under the sun.

She smiled with a mischievous glint.

"Hey there, Naruto."

The boy was still frozen in his seat, tears welding up in his eyes as he struggled to find out which emotion he was feeling the most.

She cocked her head at him. Wondering if she'd unconsciously made him sad somehow. There was something about him that made...no...forced her to protect him. It was what brought her to act in the first place. And what made her stay away from him, lest she tore his throat open.

And now, eight years later, after fighting her hunger to the best of her ability. She was here to test herself. Today decided how she'd look after him. Either by his side, or from afar.

"Are you angry with me?" She asked when he had still not made any move.

Naruto was woken out of his miniature breakdown. Leaving no moment to think, he immediately wrapped his arms around her, almost knocking the girl off balance.

Tears flowed done freely, drenching her shoulder. The vampire cringed slightly at that but couldn't help but stare at the tears in fascination. She'd never cried before.

Never knew what it felt like to have liquid pooling out of your eyes. Wasn't it uncomfortable for them? Or perhaps they were just used to it.

Her time to dwell on it was taken away by the feeling of something being knocked out of her. There it was, the test.

She held her breath, taking short and slow sniffs in between. It wasn't as hard as before. Maybe because she had memorised the feeling and trained accordingly.

The blonde pulled away sniffing, expression giving away his gratitude. Mei stared at the ruined fabric dejectedly before shrugging. She could always get a new one. She looked around.

"So this is the Ninja Academy." She stated, staring at the building.

"I won't be going there anymore though. Today was graduation." The boy replied with a solemn look.

"Does that mean you'll be a ninja now?"

Naruto bowed his head. "No. I...failed the exam." He replied a little bit above a whisper.