Bloody Twenty-eight!

Growl

Tazuna could have sworn the cat was with them a few seconds ago. Instead, what seemed to have replaced it was a large black beast that promised nothing but the most gruesome death to its prey. In its powerful jaws was the weapon that had been aimed at their neck. It dropped it, allowing the metal to hit the ground with a resounding clank.

All was silent. It was as if at that moment, the very forest had gone still.

"A summoning?" The assassin murmured.

The bridge builder could see a small bead of sweat trickle down his face. Something was very very wrong with this situation. If the killer intent released before had been suffocating, this one was over ten times worse. This wasn't just an intent, it was something way darker and menacing.

Pure Evil

The executioner raised his arms, probably to make a hand sign, or to draw another weapon. But no one would know. Because in the blink of an eye, he disappeared with a poof.

"Nani?"

Kakashi glanced at his jailor from the corner of his eye. He had a vein on his forehead and a puzzled look on his face. The expression confused him. He'd been sure his students had been killed. He knew it the moment the shadow clone had been dispatched. But now, he couldn't help but hope. That maybe, his genin had managed to escape.

But something else happened that exceeded that tiny little useless emotion. There was a sharp sound as the enemy drew out his sword.

"It was a miscalculation on my part for thinking you would be working with ordinary kids. I must commend you Kakashi. I didn't expect you to have that beast with you."

Beast?

Could he be talking about Naruto?

As if to confirm the false deduction a wave of malice drifted towards them. This time it was the Hatake's turn to break sweat. The jinchuriki must have lost control. If that were so, they were all in danger.

He was right

He was wrong

"It seems our meeting must come to a swift end, copycat ninja of the leaf."

He closed his eyes, waiting for the blow. Maybe, this was how he was going to go. He thought of his teammates.

"Rin, Obito. It seems I'll be joining you soon."

.

He had to at least kill the ex anbu. Before that thing caught up.

Zabuza was a cautious man. He didn't underestimate the power of the beast. Its chakra levels were very low so he could only presume it had suppressed it. And yet, even after all that he couldn't escape its jaws. He knew instantly, that if it hadn't been his clone present, he would have been done for.

But still, it was his first time seeing that type of summoning. Especially one that radiated an aura worse than death. All the more reason to hurry. He didn't want to run into it. He raised his arm, poised to strike.

He was not quick enough.

Kakashi was the only one who witnessed the events. His one sharingan spinned, capturing the few seconds in slow motion. A giant dark beast suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sunk its teeth into Momochi's raised arm.

Blood spluttered.

A curling scream in pain as the hunter turned prey moved his second arm-thereby releasing the Hatake-in an attempt to pry the panther off him. A terrible mistake. Because while he did manage to separate himself from the creature, he wasn't exactly whole.