Bloody Twelve!

He stared at the little girl intently. Even though she wasn't a threat, she was still dangerous. She didn't really look like she wanted to kill him though.

To be frank, he didn't want to fight her. She had finished the assassins in a blink of an eye. The same ones that killed his superiors. Not a drop of blood was spilt.

He knew what she wanted to do with the bodies. The thought of it alone made his stomach churn. On the outside, he blinked.

"Arigato."

He didn't know what else to say. She glanced at him for the first time since the attack. But her eyes weren't on his, they were on something else.

His gaze followed hers to his hand. There was a scratch. It must have happened when he was crawling through the tunnel. The uchiha went rigid. This wasn't the first time he found himself in this situation. But the other had control. Did this one?

Mei understood perfectly what was going through his mind, but she didn't voice it. He needn't need to worry. She had made a promise after all. And she always kept them.

The ebony haired girl reached into her backpack and pulled out a first aid kit. She always had one even though she didn't need it.

"What's your name?"

Mei was never one to start a conversation. But she felt like their relationship status needed more than just pretending none of them existed.

"Itachi." He replied with uncertainty while he wrapped his arm tightly as if to prevent the scent from leaking out. "You?" He had no idea why he even bothered to ask.

"Mei." She replied almost instantly. Her legs dangled in the air from the high rock she sat on. "Mei." She said again.

"It's not mine though. I borrowed it."

Itachi wasn't surprised. The creature was handed over to their clan the moment she arrived on earth. No one even bothered to give her a name.

"It suits you."

"I guess."

There was a pregnant silence.

"You don't have to be like that. I know you know what I am. I won't hurt you."

He widened his eyes at her.

"You don't necessarily do a great job at being stealthy. Is it because you want me to know or you're just careless?"

He didn't really know how to answer that. He knew how to conceal his chakra from people.

He could hide his scent from the best hounds. But never something like her.

She must have caught on because she just shook her head and closed her eyes, taking a deep breadth-that was a mistake.

The smell of life hit her like a brick force as she fumbled with the back to remove the small bottle.

She moaned as the cool liquid flowed down her throat and stopped almost immediately, reminding herself of his presence.

The uchiha shifted uneasily. The situation was quite uncomfortable in his shoes.

She starred ahead, juggling the bottle in her hand. Curiosity was crawling at the edge of her mind.

"Who's Sasuke?"

Itachi shot up startled but immediately regained his composure.

"My little brother."

Mei sighed and held her trembling hand. She felt restless, but the emotion wasn't hers. Blinking, her eyes flashed a deep purple before fading to red. She stood up on the rock and stared in a particular direction.

"Ne, Itachi. The next time you brink them, add one extra."

And with that, she disappeared in a blur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beast was restless. It's eyes a bloody red, claws out with a drooling mouth pursed open in a threatening growl.

It was hungry.

She hissed at it, eyes a bright purple. The cat cowered but didn't give up. It struggled against it's bindings, trying to convey its pain to her.

"Don't fuss." She warned.

The beast went silent, waiting. She clicked her tongue and threw the bodies at it.

"If you make a mess you're cleaning it."

The panther lunged for them, sinking it's teeth into their bodies. They awoke from their unconsciousness in a cry of pain. By then, it was too late.

It dropped their pale bodies, licking off the excess blood around it's lips.

Mei juggled her juice, sipping it slowly. She was well aware of the intense gaze the animal was giving her. A content sigh escaped her lips as she closed the bottle, placing it in the side of her backpack.

"Hmm, what should I call you?"

The panther cocked it's head, mimicking her gesture. "How about Dei?" It blinked at the name, sitting on it's hinges.

"It's Komi."

Her eyes widened slightly as the words played in her mind. The voice was definitely male.

"Komi. I'm Mei."

"I know. You're my master."

She walked towards the beast, studying it. "How am I your master?"

"You marked me. I answer only to you."

A flash of memory. The panther turned and bared it's neck, revealing the spot she'd bitten that night.

"You're my creator."

She touched its fur, amazed by it's softness. A purr rose from its chest as she stroked it. Mei was awed at its submissive state. So awed she almost missed the drastic change in the feline.

"You've shrunk."

It closed its eyes, burying its head in her stomach.

"I can regulate my size. But I grow big when I'm hungry."

She gently pushed its head away, removing its chains.

"You will stay here Komi. No matter the smell or hunger. Do not leave until I say so."

She was well aware of the purple colour in her eyes. It appeared only when she exerted dominance on the beast.

The panther lowered its head and she turned around.

~~~~~~~

"How was the mission Itachi?"

"A success Lord Hokage. The scroll has been retrieved."

The old man smoked his pipe, exhaling with a sigh. He took in the dishevelled form of the boy.

"And the others?"

He flinched slightly. "There were...casualties. They sacrificed themselves for the sake of the mission."

The Hokage sadly nodded, picking up the artifact. "This box contains an ancient secret. It could hold anything, even the origin of our existence." He set it aside.

"You are dismissed Itachi."

The Uchiha nodded, flickering away. The Hokage was right. The box did contain an ancient secret. Unfortunately, it was one that would never be known.

He stared at the identical box in his hand, a blank look on his face.

This would be the first mission of the double spy.

***
I~ love thirteen! Clap clap clap clap clap. Bloody bloody thirteen. Stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp.