Bloody Fourteen!

Humans were stupid.

***

Itachi hadn't prepared himself for what he was about to face that day. A blood thirsty little girl? Yes. A giant cat? No!

He could tell by movement alone that this was no normal forest beast.

It had longer sharp looking claws and when it flashed its fangs at him he knew at once they did more than tearing and chewing.

Its eyes were an unusual vibrant red, a familiar colour he'd come to see often on a certain someone.

It growled at him.

"Oni~chan!"

He turned to the five year old boy behind him. "Don't move, Sasuke!" The kid in blind panic took an unconscious step back.

He cried out in pain as the thorn tore through his sandals and into his foot.

A low growl came from the beast and it sniffed the air. It didn't take a genius to understand what was happening.

This was not good.

Itachi watched wide eyed as the panther grew thrice in size. It licked its mouth, hunger flashing in its eyes as it watched the younger uchiha struggle with his injured leg.

It leaned back with glee, then pounced in a blur of black.

"Sasuke!"

The boy closed his eyes, readying his body for the inevitable pain. The forest was silent, waiting in anticipation for what was about to happen.

A minute had gone by.

Sasuke slowly opened his eyes to see what was delaying his death. He froze.

Before him stood a girl no younger than him, his saviour. His sight moved sideways and he blanched.

Her shoulder, it had been ripped apart. The teeth of the beast remained around the torn flesh. An unusual colour of blood dripped down her arm.

Is that what would have happened to him?

"Are you alright?"

He didn't answer, eyes still focused on the wound and beast that was glaring at him. He'd never seen such a terrorising sight before.

"Don't worry. I won't let him harm you." She turned and locked gazes with him. Coal eyes meeting purple flames.

The demon growled and released his grip, revealing the true horrifying image underneath. Her whole arm was hanging loose by the bone. Even that was torn half way through.

The uchiha's eyes rolled into the back of his head and fell limp.

Mei cocked her head curiously at the reaction. A growl came from her back and she turned with a glare, earning a whimper from the beast as he shrunk considerably into the size of a cat, almost as if he wanted to disappear.

Itachi rushed towards them, being mindful to avoid the sulking animal like a plague and went to his brother's side. He sighed in relief.

"We should probably take him inside, before others arrive."

The uchiha heir stared cautiously at the feline in her uninjured arm. She noticed the action and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about him. He knows now the boy's not food." The panther, as if understanding a hidden threat in the words whimpered again, burring his head in her armpit and avoiding the damage he'd done to her right shoulder. His whole demeanor called out guilt.

Still unconvinced, Itachi nodded anyway and picked up the unconscious boy. This was not how he had envisioned the visit.

He glanced worriedly at her arm, but was surprise to find the bone already mended and covered with muscle. If Mei had noticed, she didn't show.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke blinked his eyes opened, vision hazy. He stared at his surroundings confused.

"Ni~chan?"

Said boy immediately hurried to his side. He handed him a bottle of water.

"W-What happened?"

Itachi opened his mouth and spilt out a bunch of rehearsed words. "You pricked your foot and fell."

He groaned and clutched his head, images filling his mind. He'd been following his older brother, like all the other times. However he'd managed to trail him further than before and in excitement, paid little attention to his surroundings and stepped on a thorn.

"Oh"

Something didn't add up, his mind felt oddly empty but he didn't know what. He looked around and his eyes landed on a girl sitting across him with a cat on her lap. She was dressed in vintage clothing with a water bottle in hand and straw to her lips.

Quite strangely, he couldn't help but picture the identical coal eyes as purple. That too with the fact that she and the pet seemed familiar.

The haze filled his vision and he dismissed the thought.

Mei cocked her head at his lack of recognition. Itachi had done something to him. Was that his power? To make people forget?

She realised she'd been staring long and gave him a closed eye smile. The boy blushed and looked away with a pout.

Cute

"Where are we ni~san?"

Itachi sat back. "Remember you asked who the blood was for? That's them."

The little vampire sucked on her straw, lightly chewing the top. She scratched Komi's ear absentmindedly and the cat purred in her lap.

"I haven't forgotten your punishment."

The beast flinched slightly.

"Yes, master."

Sasuke looked back at the girl. She didn't look sick, although her skin was an unhealthy shade of white.

His eyes went down to the cat playing happily on her legs. Seeing his gaze she held it up for him. "You can pet it if you want."

His brother stiffened beside him but he didn't notice, too drawn to how soft and inviting the fur looked.

The cute creature looked at him, hazy green eyes blinking lazily. It seemed drunk.

"I fed him lots of milk so he's a lot calm today." She explained.

Sasuke got up and walked slowly towards it, he knelt down and hesitantly reached his fingers forward. The cat purred, turning unto its back to give him access to its belly. It was every bit as soft and smooth as he'd imagined.

Itachi never once relaxed his muscles, seeming to be the only one aware of the danger. Above his brother, Mei swallowed the liquid in her bottle in huge gulps, eyes glued to his neck.

She saw him look at her and smiled sweetly. "I'm Mei."

"Uchiha Sasuke."

A bond was formed. One of blood and ignorance. And the cause?

The very thing that tried to kill him.

Now you have bloody fourteen. Won't you read fifteen with me~