Bloody Fifteen!

Days passed into weeks, months into years. The bond between shadow and darkness grew. And with that, its evilness too.

Blood

She could smell it floating in the air, growing thicker, suffocatingly thicker.

People were dying tonight.

Mei sucked from her straw, casually packing her backpack. Her eyes flashed purple and a low growl sounded in response. Komi walked over in his kitten form, giving out an over exaggerated meow.

'Where are we going master?'

She smiled at him, fangs peeping out of her mouth. "We're going to where the bodies are."

------------------------------------------

The dead had always fascinated her in a strange way. Their corps became cold and unfeeling...like her.

A growl announced itself beside her, making her look down. The panther-cat had its fur up, back arched at the blood on the ground.

"What's wrong Komi?"

It jumped over the scarlet puddle, landing silently ahead. 'I don't like wasted blood'

No vampire liked wasted blood she thought. Just like how humans would be annoyed if their food got spilled for no reason.

'I wonder who they are though' She paused to take a sniff and stiffened as a familiar smell filled her nostrils. She dipped her index finger into a pool and brought it to her lips.

Sweet but a bit sour. It was different, but still carried the same tingling sensation.

Uchiha

Mei sucked on her finger, looking around. Her cat strolled lazily beside her, having had his fill of dear. She shook the bottle, watching the red liquid splash against the plastic.

A gurgle brought her attention to a corner. Behind a wooden barrel was a mop of orange hair.

Drawn to the familiar locks, her feet moved on their own. The vampire knelt down beside the bleeding male, a strange expression on her face.

"Kizu..."

His eyes which were closed opened, meeting a pair of red ones. They widened slightly before narrowing in pain.

"Sup...princess." He coughed out blood

Mei had her fist clenched, teeth gritting so tightly together you could hear them.

"You're hurting."

Kizumo's hand remained pressed against his wound, strength weakening by the minute. He forced out a smirk.

"Hardly anything compared to what I feel here." He hit his chest with his free hand.

"Your chest aches more..." The little girl concluded confused. He wasn't hurt there at all.

Her friend let out a noise that sounded like a strange combination between a laugh and a gasp.

"Ever the clueless one princess. I'm talking about betrayal...those sick bastards!" A tear rolled down.

Mei tried to understand his sudden outburst but couldn't for the life of her. She had a feeling she never would. Instead of asking, she placed a hand on his cheek. He flinched at the coldness of the touch but didn't move away.

"You're dying."

Kizumo didn't reply right away, weeping into her tiny hand. He bowed his head in defeat, taking in shaky breaths.

"I can save you, but you would never be the same again. Do you want to live like that?"

The boy chuckled at her question. "Who...who doesn't want to live? My brother...I have to find my brother, even if its just his bones. I can't die now."

That was an enough answer. Pulling away, she placed her bottle on the ground and bit into her wrist. With her left hand, she angled his face and brought her bleeding right to his open mouth.

Black liquid dripped down his throat, he didn't even have the strength to swallow. Mei brought her healed hand lower.

"Goodbye for now, Kizu..."

She snapped his neck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would you do about the creature if it decides to take a different path?"

The Uchiha remained impassive.

"It won't."

"But what if it does?" His father insisted. "Your plan, doesn't involve it. You can't protect your brother forever Itachi."

The thirteen year old clenched his fist. "I'll find another way. The others might know a way around the prophecy."

Fukagu sighed. "The creatures of dark are not easily found. Others have tried in the past...only to return empty."

He brought his hand to his chin. "It might be different for you. You are the only one who has seen another apart from the one given. You also spent the most time observing the creature." A smirk formed on his lips.

"You might be able to do it after all." The uchiha head puffed into a cloud of smoke.

Shadow clone.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why...?"

"Why did you do this?"

"To measure my abilities."

Sasuke clenched his fist. "Measure your abilities? That's all? Just for that...you...killed everyone?"

Itachi blinked emotionlessly. "It is of great importance."

"It's a lie! This isn't like you, nii~san. It can't be!" The youngest Uchiha screamed. It couldn't be. His nii~chan, couldn't have done that.

"I acted like your older brother you desired...in order to measure your vessel."

The clouds cleared, revealing a full moon. He closed his eyes.

"You will become a rival to measure my vessel against. You have that hidden potential. You've been jealous of me and resented me. You harboured hopes of surpassing me. That's why I am allowing you to live. For my sake..."

The winds picked up, whistling a ghostly tune. "Like me you will awaken the powers of the Mangekyo Sharingan. However, on one condition. You must kill...your closest friend."

The boy's eyes widened. "As I did."

"Then...you...You killed Shisui?" Sasuke spoke in realisation.

"As a result I possess this 'eye'" Itachi vaguely responded.

"In the main hall in Nakano Shrine, beneath the seventh tatami mat from the inner right side is the clan's hidden meeting room. There you will find the record of the Uchiha Clan's visual justu and its true purpose.

If you awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan, there will be three, including myself who possess its powers. Then...there will be meaning in letting you live."

He shifted on his feet, making Sasuke flinched back and tense his body in anticipation. The reaction made him turn his head away.

"There is no value in killing you now...my foolish little brother. If you wish to kill me, resent me, hate me, and survive in obscurity. Run...keep running and cling to your pathetic life. Then one day, come before me with the same eye that I possess."

A flex of the Mangekyo Sharingan. Itachi turned his back to his brother.

"Deep in the woods of the forest, where your 'friend' lives is...the suicide forest."

Sasuke gasped.

"She...no, it is the strange creature that has been terrorising the villagers. If you can't tame the monster, as I had done, you have no potential of defeating me."

-----
In the jungle, the mighty jungle, Bloody Sixteen awaits~