Bloody Twenty two!

"Congratulations Sasuke"

The Uchiha looked up as the creature emerged from the darkness. It gave him a closed eye smile.

Monster

Yes. He'd never forget that but-

"You've improved with your kunai, Sasuke. Congratulations." The seven year old girl smiled.

"Of course I have. I'm an Uchiha. Onii~chan is way better though. Yesterday he did a cool technique and hit all the targets. Even the ones he couldn't see! I'm gonna be like him one day!"

Mei smiled again. "Congratulations on having a goal, Sasuke."

The Uchiha flushed. "T-That's not something to congratulate me for baka!"

She cocked her head to the side. "I thought congratulations was used when humans achieved something." She mumbled.

"There you go again with calling others humans. You're human too." He retorted.

She giggled, saying nothing. He hadn't noticed it. But she'd been laughing at him. The vampire looked at him.

"Whether I'm human or not I'll still congratulate you when you do something Sasuke."

He glanced away, the tips of his ears turning pink.

"Do whatever you want."

"Congratulations Sasuke."

He blinked at her. So much had changed since then.

"Hn"

He carried on walking, hands in his pocket and deep in his thoughts. The vampire walked beside him, humming the same strange song that now seemed to be embedded in his head, though it never came out of his lips.

Yes, so much had changed since then. All except for one. Never leaving, always permanent.

"You're smiling Sasuke."

And just like that, his lips dropped back down to his usual poker look.

"Hn"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Meanwhile...in a certain cave miles away.

A guy dressed in a black robe with red clouds stared at the orange haired boy feasting on six onigiri. When he was done finishing the last one he put the cup of water to his mouth, bringing it down when it was empty.

"Hah, this is the life." Kizumo sighed in delight, tapping his firm stomach.

"If I'd known there was an easy way to maintain this body and still be able to eat an elephant I'd have done this long ago." He sulked, poking his abs through the thin white shirt.

"Oi. Say something would ya?" He grumbled when he got no reply.

"What news do you have?" The Akatsuki member asked.

The vamp rolled his eyes. "Always straight to the point. Ever the smug one aren't you, Uchiha~kun"

Itachi stared at him. Although he looked nothing like it, the male was still a part of Uchiha. Even though they never embraced him into the clan. Itachi had known him as the orange haired Uchiha, an outcast. Nothing more, nothing less. That was eight years ago.

Yet he didn't look a day older than what he'd been then.

All thanks to it

"Your brother is a genin now."

"I'm aware"

"Aww, look at you all nosey in your brother's business. Do you watch over him at night too?" Kizumo teased, then brought his hands up in surrender at the glare sent his way.

"If you have nothing to discuss I'll be taking my leave."

"Wait! Haiz." The orange haired scratched his neck.

"Fine." He reached into his pockets and took out a small blue scroll.

"I managed to find what you were looking for-don't look at me like that obviously I haven't looked inside since I don't have Chakra." The half Uchiha tsked as he threw it towards the Akatsuki member, who in return threw something else to him.

"The list of recorded deaths in the Hidden Rain village along with those who partook in the war."

"Sweet!" Kizumo exclaimed, putting it away.

"The princess says hi. Remember I'm only doing this because she trusts you."

'Trust?'

The Uchiha smirked at him. Eight years had gone by since their last contact. But obviously he still knew her more than anyone.

'That creature didn't even know what that word meant.'

There were different reasons as to why he still remained in its favour. But trust wasn't the start of any them.

------------------

"Let's try the dumplings Sasuke."

How had he ended up here?

"Too sweet" The Uchiha replied to the pale girl.

If she heard those words-which she obviously did-she did a very good job at ignoring them. Going through the various flavours.

After finding out he hadn't planned on celebrating his graduation in any way or form the little creature dragged him to the market with the excuse of doing what 'humans' would normally do in the happy occasion.

Although she was totally missing the point that he wasn't interested in those, he couldn't deny the fact that the atmosphere was pretty relaxing.

"Itachi liked those."

And just like that, their happy mood was stained. The boy's eyes darkened at her, clenching his fist.

"How many times have I told you never-"

"-Here, try this candy." She said, stuffing the toffee into his mouth.

His eyes widened and his tongue worked around it in an attempt to throw it away when its taste melted. He froze, eyebrows furrowed as he sucked.

It was sour. The candy had a harsh sweetness to it that suited his taste buds perfectly.

"Well, is it good?" Mei asked with a smile.

"Hn" He looked away.

Despite being together for over eight years he still couldn't quite understand her. Sometimes she intentionally angered him and other times-

"You haven't bought anything Sasuke? It's your graduation celebration." She asked in curiosity.

-she was that

"I don't want anything."

"Really?" She cocked her head to the side, mischief dancing in her eyes.

"You really don't want anything Sasuke? This night is for you."

And just like that, the mood shifted again.

A sudden thought came into his head. He shivered and clenched his fist for the second time that night as he gazed at her. His face set with determination.

"Spar with me."

------------------------

Hello everyone. Sorry for the late update...and short chapter. Special thanks to all those still following this book even though it's been through numerous hiatus. I can't thank you enough.