thirteen : coming down the seesaw

After two more rounds, we take a shower again. I step out first, leaving Yoongi behind to finish up bathing.

I put on his oversized tshirt and grab from my bag a pair of sweatpants, as I'm starting to feel cold. We woke up early and after our special time, it's suddenly noon.

I exit his bedroom heading to the kitchen again but a slightly open door catches my attention. I take a peak inside. It's his work studio, everything is set neatly, in place. And when I'm about to close the door again, a naughty thought came to my mind, I can propose to do it here and leave a mess. I laugh at my own idea, and I enter the room.

There's a bookshelf with tons of books, on one of its shelves, has a picture of him, his brother and his parents, he was younger, having no problem giving the camera a big smile, his gummy smile showing.

His parents are also smiling, he looks a lot like his mom, she's a sweet lady. I've never met his father but he looks nice, with a hint of seriousness, just like his younger son.

And there is another picture of us three; Hobi, Yoongi and me, I think this was taken the day I came back to Korea after I graduated.

I find myself smiling. I didn't know he had this picture. I had forgotten about that day.

I walk around his desk, and accommodate the leather office chair, which bumps with the desk, making the computer screen light up.

A document is open. With a quite long paragraph.

I look outside the door, and the sound of water running is still on. I sit on his chair. I read the piece out loud, softly.

Seoul

I have wasted my time, looking for another you,
however no one has kissed me, the way you have,
no one has looked at me, the way you have,
no one has touched me, the way you have.

You have wasted your time, looking in someone else what I could easily give to you.

I have wasted my love, you have wasted yours.

We met in Seoul.

And somehow,
we had separate and different lives in this city.

If only you had loved me,
if only I had protected you,
I was a coward.

When they told me about you and him,
I knew, there was nothing else for me to do.

Is there anything I can do?
Will there be a chance in your heart for me?

I don't want to fall through,
Till the end of this filthy world, I will love you, please believe it.

In my solitude,
I've wept for you countless times.

Don't leave my bed,
don't leave my arms.

Stay forever,
stay with me.

I stare blankly at the last period.

He must be talking about Hwa-young.

I quickly lock his computer, and put his chair back in place. I head outside and close the door behind me, heading down to the kitchen.

I sweep the glass from the floor and clean the mess we left behind before.

I pour coffee for the both of us, and heat up the bacon in the microwave. As I wait for timer to reach zero, I stare blankly outside, to the garden.