seven : new in town

I wake up with the sound of my phone vibrating on the night table. I look behind me, to find him softly snoring, with his arm locked around my waist, messy hair.

I look at my phone, twenty before 7am. Mr Cha has texted me, letting me know he's outside, I reply saying I'll be there in 10.

I peel myself away from Yoongi, slowly, careful not to wake him up. He stirred, covering himself more with the white sheets.

I put on my clothes from last night, but taking with me the ones he lended, brushing my teeth, and stopping by the kitchen to leave a note for him.

See you on Friday. Sorry I couldn't stay for breakfast, I owe you one, and dessert too. If you know what I mean.

Thank you for letting me stay.

B.

I head outside, Mr Cha driving me to my apartment, get ready for the day.

Even though nothing happened last night besides making out, last night was... interesting.

"No, this is not the best time to invest on this, our analysts say it's not the best time to get involved." I point out. "The revenue last year was ridiculous compared to 2017 and 2018. It's something we cannot put the money into." I point with my fingers the graphic in the page in front of me.

Everyone watches me, attentive.

Lee steps inside the conference room, holding folders as always, walking towards me.

"Ms. Baek is right, we cannot involve ourselves into this business, not now at least." Everyone starts giving their opinions.

Lee leans closer, "The young man from the US headquarters is here."

"Perfect, is he on my office?" She nods, I thank her. "Well, gentlemen, this request is denied. Hate to say it but they're not profitable. This is the third time they're trying to involve us in this business and I will not invest in this company. If they request this again, let me know and I will go personally to reject this." I stand up, gathering my paperwork, laptop and phone. "Thank you for your time everyone."

Lee and I step outside the conference room.

"Lee, please tell the marketing team about that horrible proposal they sent, what the fuck are they thinking, please handle that, also find out who came up with that, we need to have a talk."

"Of course," She writes it down.

"By the way, take this to the attorneys, this contract is void. Tell Park that I'll be visiting him later." Lee nods, taking the folder from my hands. As I walk closer to my office, I see a tall shadow standing inside, watching outside at the window. "I won't be taking any calls for 20 minutes."

I open the crystal door to my office, the tall man turns around. He's wearing a grey suit, hair styled back, he looks professional.

"Good morning." I speak with full confidence, as always, of course. "Mr...?"

The guy steps closer, he stretches his hand out, I take it. "Kim Namjoon." We shake hands. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Ms. Baek." As he smiles, two big dimples show up on his cheeks.

"Pleasure is mine, Mr. Kim. Please, take a seat. Sorry for the wait, I was in a meeting."

"No problem."

We both sit down. "So, you come all the way from New York, huh?"

"That's right."

"How was the flight?" I ask while I unlock my computer.

"Awfully long," We chuckle. "But I'm glad to be finally here." I smile.

"Good. We're happy that you're here too." He smiles. "So, tell me Mr. Kim, is there a reason why the US offices thought you'd be a better asset here? I heard you are a direct recommendation from my father." I ask, clearly impressed.

"Well, I worked with Mr Baek for a year and I learned so much from him. I have participated in over 90 different projects, in both design, inspection in building sites, I also have experience in analysing costs, direct technicians and negotiation with clients directly." He explains, gesturing with his hands.

He's done what I've done too.

"That is impressive, in what year you graduated?"

"2018. I know it seems like not long since I did but I do have a lot of experience in this area, I'm fearless when it comes to negotiations or retaining customers." He sounds confident and convincing, using hand gestures and all, he's well spoken.

"And I do believe it, I graduated in 2018 too." I nod, and fixing my posture in the chair. "You know, I know that there is always older people that will underestimate us, for being quote on quote young and inexperienced but I believe our work talks for itself."

"Exactly, and I've been reading about your work, and it's really impressive, no wonder why you were chosen." I smile. "I recently heard you had a skyscraper deal in central Gangnam?"

"Yes, my father was infatuated with that Gangnam property and he's been trying to get it for years, however I negotiated directly with the owner and made an offer he couldn't turn away from." I smile proudly. And I won over Yoongi. "It is going to cost 140.1 million dollars total but after all, my father wanted it. And we just started another project actually, condominiums in Pyeongchang-dong."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, I signed paperwork to start the other so we will have a meeting next Monday, you'll see the blueprints we've designed with the team. If it all goes well with prices, land and city regulations, by the end of the year, we're starting construction."

"Well, I'll do my best on my end to help with anything."

"Thank you. So, you were working with my father in New York." My father just sent this guy, he could've at least send me a message.

"Yes, he's participating in several projects with other American architectural firms. I was working with one and we met, he liked my work and well, here I am."

"So, you were living in the U.S.?

"Yes, I applied to Columbia University, I got accepted, I moved to New York in 2014 and well, here we are."

"I graduated from Columbia too. But after I graduated my father made me come back to help him with the firm." I say.

I suddenly remember a few things from when I was studying, I remember Yoongi or Hoseok visiting me in spring break or some holidays.

Or the first time Yoongi and I kissed.

Suddenly I wanna go back to those more innocent times.

"Too bad we didn't met back then."

"Well, you are here, looking forward to working with you, Mr Kim, see what you can bring to our team."

"Can't wait either, Ms Baek."

🗂🗞💵

Pyeongchang-doing : Many consider the Pyeongchang-dong district in Jongno-gu as one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Seoul.

So while writing this, I was doing research, and Columbia University ( Columbia Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation) is regarded as one of the most important and prestigious architecture schools in the world, so yeah, you can imagine the level of these two.

Also, Da-hye remembering her university days, made me want to add flashbacks, might do so ;)

Thank you for reading!