four : bold yet wary

"We are sorry, the Baek family has decided to turn down the offer, we are not interested in selling. This is a final decision." My brother and I stand up, after our attorneys speak up. The counterpart is obviously disappointed, they stand up to shake our hands again.

My brother follows me out of the conference room.

"What a ridiculous offer, that's a three month revenue for Lotte." I scoff. I try to walk fast before Yoongi spots me. "Hey, Taehyung went to my office the other day, did you hear he bought The Intercontinental hotel chain?"

"Taehyung has money. Gotta stay competitive, Seojoon. But I also heard you're opening another hotel in Mumbai." He didn't mentioned it, I always hear from the news first.

Me and my brother, we do get along but we don't keep an active communication. He has his life, he lives away from me, we have a lot of things we have to take care of, and different companies to manage too.

I look down on my phone as we walk in the hallway, couple of reminders Lee has sent me.

"Yeah, forgot to tell you. Heard you got the Gangnam deal. The one dad wanted?" I nod. "Shit, you're good. Did he called?"

"As expected, he did not." We are almost to the elevators, the office is huge.

"Hm.. How much?"

"69." Referring as in millions. "After taxes and city regulations and penalties."

"Not bad." Obviously. "Reconstruction cost?"

"71.2."

"You're good."

"I know."

"Baek!" Damn it.

Seojoon is the first to turn around, even though he is calling for me, my brother immediately goes towards him.

Damn.

"Hey, what's up man! Haven't seen you in a while," They stretch hands. I turn around, our eyes meet. I give him a small smile.

He's wearing suit and tie, he runs his hand through his long hair.

"What a surprise to see you here. You guys barely visit me." Yoongi looks genuinely surprised.

True though, I barely come around. Just twice, the episode on his desk and the other in the conference room. I remain silent, even though I want to laugh at the memory of us almost getting caught. I purse my lips.

"Apparently, your team wants to buy us the Lotte Tower." My brother answers.

"Yeah, I just heard. And they did?"

"Not quite, quite a ridiculous offer to be honest. But overall we're not interested in selling." My brother says.

"What are you planning Min?"

He smiles at my question.

"Heard it was a PR thing, not my idea nor my father's. And I knew you guys wouldn't. I told them, but anyways, did you hear your sister got the Gangnam deal."