fifteen : jeopardy

I let out a deep sigh, the smoke quickly disappearing, I finish one cigarette after another. I finish another bottle of wine as a song plays in the background, making me tear up more.

"Cause I love to love, to love, to love you, I hate to hate, to hate, to hate you...."

I look down at my phone, at his contact. I almost give in to the impulse that suddenly takes over me, to hear his voice again. I think of his low breathy voice, and how his eyes would look at me.

I shut my eyes close, trying not to think about it.

I go to my photos, and watch the video I took of him this morning, I cry even more.

Fuck! Why do I have to ruin everything?

Can I still fix things?

I open my contacts and find my last call to be his, I almost tap on his name again...

No.

No.

I throw my phone away.

I feel so much that I can't even cry.

Monday.

"Alright, few announcements, demolition starts tomorrow, and according to our plan, rebuilding is expected to start in six weeks

"Alright, few announcements, demolition starts tomorrow, and according to our plan, rebuilding is expected to start in six weeks." I announce to our architects. "Demolition costs?"

"Approximately 1.5 million." An executive answers. "Reconstruction cost, 72 million."

I nod. "Alright, we will meet tomorrow morning for the demolition inauguration and press, 7am everyone."

"Certainly."

"Also, another thing I want to prioritize safety in  construction zones, it is imperative we hold a safety seminar with anyone involved in the construction, we really want to diminish the amount of injuries and avoid any casualties. We want to prioritize the safety of everyone in or outside the construction site."

"For sure,"

"Pam will you handle that?"

"Definitely."

"Alright, the final blue prints are ready tomorrow, we will check them out together. Ms. Jun, I want you to update Mr. Kim here, who just joined us, with the logistics of the design plan," I point at her, smiling. He nods. "So, I need all the architects with me tomorrow at the demolition site, 8:00am. We'll have the meeting by 3:00pm, we'll see more and the final details tomorrow." Everyone writes down, nodding. "That's all for today's meeting, any questions, you can find me at my office or contact Ms. Lee here, my assistant." Lee smiles and bows her head to everyone. "Thank you." I smile, picking up my stuff.