eighteen : another bite off the apple

"Don't you fucking touch me! You're fucking dead to me now!" I push him away, exiting the room, what used to be our fucking bedroom.

He tries to stop me by grabbing me by my arm.

"Baek, listen to me!" I yank my arm away from his grip.

"Please, just–"

"No! Leave me alone, Jaehyun!" I yank his hand away from me again, at the same time I turn around, the abrupt movement makes me —

I gasp for air, opening my eyes rather sudden, realizing it was another nightmare about it. It's been a while since I hadn't had one.

I hear my heartbeat monitored by a machine. I instantly assume I'm in a hospital.

The walls, the ceiling, the room is white.

I see wires and things connected to my chest and arms. I turn to my right, I see flower pots and get well balloons. However, my vision is blurry still.

I look at the end of the bed and I see a shadow, moving towards me.

"Yoongi?" I whisper involuntarily.

"Baek?" A male voice says. "Baek, oh my God we're so relieved." I blink a couple of times before I realize who it is.

"I'm going to tell the doctor she's awake now." I hear Minrae announce, and then the sound of steps going further away.

"Hobi?" My voice breaks. "What happened?" I frown, as I try to sit up but I can't. I can't seem to use my right arm.

"Shhh, don't worry about anything, you're fine now," I can't keep my eyes open, the lights are too bright. He turns away. "We came in as soon as we knew any news from youZ."

"We?" I hope it is him.

"Yes, your brother, Rae, me... how are you feeling?"

I smile, still eyes closed, happy to have their company.

"I feel beaten up, tired, I feel a headache coming too, but I'm glad you're guys are here," My throat is dry, I feel his hand squeeze mine.

Then I remember.

"Da-eun? The little girl, what happened to her? Where is she?" I open my eyes, despite the discomfort the light causes to my sight.

"Calm down, the little girl is fine, she came in to see you with her mother earlier, to thank you, they said they'd be back later." Hobi reassures. "During impact, you put your arm before her, preventing her from striking her head or having a cervical injury." I open my eyes slowly, I look down and I see my right arm in a cast, and I guess that's why I have it.

"How long was I out?"

"Two days."

"And what happened?"

"An engine failure, the aircraft was heavily damaged while trying to land, no fatalities, 38 people were injured." I sigh, I look Hobi in the eye and I feel my eyes water.

"I was so scared." He purses his lips, and watches me with sympathy, with puppy eyes. I feel tears stream down my face. "I thought that was– the end for me."

He listens, and he stays silent, letting me unwind.

"I thought of the time I've wasted while being afraid. I was so scared I wouldn't see the people I love again." I sob. "I was so scared for the little girl beside me to experience that. I was so scared I wouldn't come back home."

"Oh, Baek," And with those words it was all it takes to disarm me. I burst into tears the moment he leans in to hug me.

I cry loud and let my emotions get the best of me. Which is something I don't usually do.