Chapter 3 - Agony

Vedika's pov

Vedika's pov

A week has been passed since his death and I'm still stuck there like time has stopped for me. I can still feel that pain that agony inside me. For a week I've been sitting here in my room which was totally a mess starting from the bed to the hanging paintings everything was shattered into pieces. The mirror on which I threw the vase was now broken into million pieces just like my soul was fragmented when I saw the dead body of him. He was lying there with his eyes closed like he was now in peace leaving me here to deal with this storm which was raising in me. His face was covered in blood I wanted to shake him up wanted to wake him up from his sleep but he didn't woke up he left me here alone in this disheveled room by myself.

just like the stars belong to the sky, a part of my soul will always belong to me his words were continuous ringing in my head making me insane. I wanted to hug him I wanted to feel his presence besides me I wanted to fight with him when I wouldn't let him choose his favourite movie I wanted to feel secure in his arms but I couldn't because he was gone now. I walked towards the couch which was the only thing left in a proper shape after my rage. I sat on the couch and picked up my wedding lehenga which was placed there. The lehenga which every girl dream of wearing it one day on her wedding clothed with all the jewelleries looking like a princess. I also dreamed of it wearing it one day marrying the person who'll swear to protect me from all the difficulties in life but what will you do when that very person dies on the day when you were going to enter into a new phase of your life? I clutched the lehenga against my chest as tears start rolling down making me heartbroken. People say the person you love becomes our biggest strength but in reality they become our biggest weakness leaving us vulnerable.

"Why? Why Vasav?! Why you left me!! That was our wedding day Vasav we were going to married and spend our rest of your life together. We made several promises to each other of always being there at beck and call and always support each other in their darkest hours. Now where are you Vasav! Where are you?!! I can't even spend a second without you, you were the first person to make me realize the true meaning of love and what is to feel like when you're being cherished by someone when you know no matter what you always have that person with you no matter what how many times you fall that person is always there besides you to hold your hand to make you stand up and again directing you towards the right path" I yelled as I curled up in a ball and started wailing uncontrollably.

I wanted peace now I wanted solace I wanted a break from all this and that peace can only be found at one place, the place which was dear to him. Whenever he was at his darkest hour he always go there and everytime he said me only one thing whenever I asked him why you always come here he said 'I don't know the exact reason but this place holds some power which always heal me whenever I needed it'.
I abruptly stand up from my spot and walked out from my room where I  locked myself for a week.

"Vedu?" asked papa in a caring yet shocking tone because it was the first time after that tragic incident I was coming downstairs.

"I'm going somewhere back in a while"

"Where are you going? Vedika!" said papa walking towards me. Pain and misery was flashing clearly on his face and also it's not his fault that he couldn't do anything for me.

"Don't worry papa I'll not do anything stupid like you're thinking. I'm just going to a place which can provide me some solace." With that I stormed off from there and started running like a mad person and if it will reduce the misery inside me.

After a while I reached at Vasav's favorite place the sea coast. Since his childhood only he was fond of this eeire silence that surrounds it. He always said that it can make him lost in these waves as an escape from the real life and today I wanted that escape. I wanted to get away from the brutality reality of my life that haunts me.

I sat there on the sand looking at the waves the sound of them was melodious to my ears now I understand why this place was dearest to him. I lied down on the sand spreading my arms wanting all my troubles just vanishe into thin air.

"Vedu"

I abruptly stood up upon hearing that voice of none other than Vasav. I paced back and forth from where did that voice came because it was impossible.

"Vedu I'm here"

I turned back and my eyesbrows shot up when I saw him it was a misty figure of him "No No!! This can't be true you're dead! My mind is playing games with me"

"How can I break my promise Vedika?"

"But you already broke it Vasav when you died in that accident! You left me here alone to deal with it. You don't know it's so difficult to cope up with it to put up a fake mask in front of your dear ones so that no one can think I'm weak I'm vulnerable" I shouted as my eyes brimmed with tears.

"I'm here to fulfill that promise come with me" he said as his voice trailed off and started disappearing in the mist.

"No don't leave me again please!" I bawled as I start walking towards him.

He started disappearing in that cloud of mist and I increased my speed to catch him up but whenever I tried to come closer to him he was going more and more far away from me. And I don't know when I got trapped in this cloud of mist it was becoming more and more dark which started scaring me.

"Vasav! Where are you" I yelled but it was of no use I just blindly followed him.

I felt a force against me as I tried to move forward. I looked down and realisation hit upon me that I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I marched into the water and now the water has reached up to my chest. I yelled and waved my arms in order to get hold of something but there was nothing I was surrounded by just water. As panic faded into numbness my heartbeat slowed down increasingly, found the shimmering walls of water and soundlessness beautiful. I was sinking rapidly, my lungs burning with their desperate desire for air. A rush of water trickling fast down my throat. I wanted to yell wanted someone to save me but it was suppressed by my desire of meeting my love. Now I can finally be with him even if it's meant to be this way. Soon the darkness engulfed me making me insensate to my surroundings and everything just faded away. 

================================