Chapter 14 - Uncontrollable events

Author's pov

Author's pov

Vedika abruptly opened her eyes as a sweet voice ringed in her ears. She tilted her head towards the direction from where the sound came. Her face wore an expression of astonishment as she gazed at the lady standing in front of her. She was an epitome of beauty, surrounded by an aura of serenity and contentment. She was loaded with gold jewellery while her black locks were dangling over her shoulder as if a goddess has been landed on earth and it was true, she was really a goddess. She was the better half of the Dwarkadisha, Dwarkeshwari.

Only the faint tinkling of her anklets could be heard in this calming silence as she marched forward and sat beside Vedika

"Mahadev love his devotees very much, thus he cannot bear to see them in pain" Devi Rukmini said wiping her tears with a bright smile which was enough to melt anyone's heart.

Vedika was still in trance, she was still trying to decipher who was this person who can tranquil anyone just by her smile. She opened her mouth but then again closed it as she didn't found any proper words to speak out her questions. But Dwarkeshwari knew everything "I'm Rukmini, Dwarkadisha's wife"

And with that, Vedika's next words were stucked in her throat and why not? A simple girl from kalyug was witnessing a real god in front of her eyes. The gods which she has only seen in idols, now one of them was sitting beside her, wiping her tears. She couldn't understand what was she feeling right now, whether it was happiness? or embarrassment of not identifying her at first. The tears started rolling down on her cheeks as she remarked "You- You're Devi Rukmini..?"

"Yes Vedika you heard it right and why are you crying you're not happy to see me?" She teased her

"No no no how- no way" She stammered and immediately bowed her head and touched her feet "I..I can't believe you're in front of me. I...I always saw you in idols and never ever imagined that....please say it's not a dream please please"

Devi Rukmini chuckled and stroked her hair with her soft hands "Vedika get up, it's not a dream everything is real"

"No, I'm not worthy enough to even look directly in your eye. You are Krishnatmika, only a worthy soul could have that right"