Chapter 1 - Wedding Bells

The house was covered in lights exhibiting a bridal look

The house was covered in lights exhibiting a bridal look. There was chaos in the house some were busy in decorations or some were busy in selecting dresses or some were practicing their dance moves that they were going to perform as it was some sought of a competition between bride and groom's families. The house was filled with laughter and happiness after all it was the first wedding that was going to happen in the family.

"Vedika! Come downstairs" shouted Geeta

"It's my wedding mom at least for today you can spare me" said Vedika in a hoarse voice rubbing her eyes as she walked down the stairs. Her locks were open dark brown in color and hands were covered in henna which was considered auspicious for a bride on her wedding as it represents the bond of matrimony and signifies the love and affection between the couple and their families.

"Who on earth can say that you're the bride just look at yourself it's noon and you're still sleep drunk"

"Mom tomorrow is my wedding I'm just trying to get all the sleep that I could"

"Ughh! I don't have the energy to argue with you come here and choose the lehenga for your wedding"

Vedika comes forward and sits besides her mother as per her command because she knew if she throw any more tantrums it would be her last day in the world. She started going through the various lehengas that her mother short listed for her. Every lehenga was beautiful in it's own way and was perfect for any bride who would wear it making them look gorgeous.

"Here try this one" said Geeta handing her the dress.

She takes the dress and goes to the room to change that her mother handed over to her. She looked like an epitome of beauty when she stepped out of the room in her wedding dress. The lehenga was dark red in color which is considered as a symbol of Indian weddings and the beads on it was giving a shinning look, the dress was a perfect fit showing her actual physique. It was like some goddess has made her presence on earth.

"Vedika? You..you look so pretty!" commented Geeta with an astonished look on her face. She cupped her face and said "My daughter is looking so lovely. I can't believe you're getting married"

"Of course I'll look pretty after all whose daughter I am?" giggled Vedika

"I don't even know when you become so older and now you're here selecting your wedding dress and you will live in your husband's house and will leave us" said Geeta in a low voice tears start brimming in her eyes when she looked at her daughter who was soon going to become someone's else daughter in law and someone's wife. But it doesn't matter for a mother how much her children become older they'll always be her small little babies whom she took care of when they got sick and cried along when they were in pain.

"Mom why are you crying? I'm not that easy to get rid off and why do you think I'll leave you? I'm just getting married I can come to meet you whenever I want to and you very well know how stubborn your daughter could be if someone tries to stop her" chuckles Vedika wiping her mother's tears tries to lighten the situation.