Chapter 16 - Hidden Love

Author's pov

Author's pov

The air of Panchal was gloomy yet gleeful. The palace was dolled up as a bride, the pathway was decorated with rose petals and shimmering with yellow diyas on both sides. Every servant was specifically ordered by Prince Dhristydhum to fulfill the desired work whether it was the matter of cooking or the matter of decoration he wanted everything to be perfect for his sister's wedding, even though he had some unresolved matters related to this marriage but still, he couldn't shake off the underlying fact that his sister was getting married.

While the palace was covered under the merry lights, the bride's musing was curled up in gloomy sentiment. Her hands were adorned with henna but wasn't complimenting her, her lotus-shaped eyes beautified with black kajal were becoming messy with her watery eyes.

"Even though I agreed to this marriage but how would we manage to remain together? A husband and a wife contain a special bond between them, a bond of friendship, love, and trust which is sacred to two people and we are six." Panchali murmured to herself.

"Everything will happen on its own sakhi and you should just go with the flow," Dwarkadish says with an enchanting smile on his face. " Some things are better left as they are because it is not in your hands. Your task is to focus on the present which is your marriage. What will happen after that is not your concern."

"Sakha, how will I do it? After this marriage, society will not leave us alone"

"Just follow your dharma, you have to conquer many things in the future Panchali"

"I don't think I can"

"You're blazing fire, you're born out of fire sakhi" Govind stepped forward with a glint of future in his eyes "If you get nervous from this how will you live in the future? No one can beat you draupadi, you'll the one who will change the era"

The former whose mind was brimming with questions decided to remain quiet because she knew thinking about the future will only complicate the situation.

Meanwhile, Lord Krishna was in deep thinking about something else. He knew this reunion of two souls wouldn't be a merry thing for both of them and he was more concerned about Vedika, who was broken.

Wandering through the shimmering halls of the palace, Vedika's eyes were finding someone. Her pale face and the invisible line of tears rolling down her cheeks were saying it all about her last night. As she sauntered forward, the voices were becoming audible and she immediately hide behind the curtains when the long-lost face became visible to her. Her heart started throbbing against her chest, she felt like the air was being pulled out of her lungs. It was still unbelievable to her how could this happen? She wanted to go and hug him but at the same time could not.

"Kaka, please do this in the correct way. See the string of flowers is coming down, isko ache se lgao" Dhrishdyum corrected them.

"Even in this yug, he's so concerned about his sister. " She whispered to herself. Her grip on the curtains was getting tighter, her breaths were getting shortened as everything was coming back to her, their marriage, their moments, their friendship, everything. How could she digest this? Experiencing the death of a loved one is like dying a thousand times when you realize that he cannot come back, you have to carry that pain to your grave. People say you forget about the person after some time but do you really forget? Grief is nothing but unsaid love for that person.