Chapter 5 - Surprise

Vedika's pov

Vedika's pov

It has been 15 days or we can it has been half a month I've been here. This is really a different life as compared to my previous one. Everyone here follows a protocol they're very strict with rules and regulations but they don't apply on me because only in one day they knew how stubborn I am and I'm not a girl who follows rules instead I make them. To be honest I didn't thought I could be ever able to adjust here after what happened with me when my whole life changed in just a blink of an eye but we can never question our destiny right? It always stores some new surprises for us and we just have to cooperate with them never leaving a choice with us. But who said life would be easy we shall always remember to live when we are busy suffering.

I still remember the reaction of maa on my attempt to cook something. She was horrified with the mess I made in the kitchen one could clearly tell by looking at her face that one wrong move and you're in hell. Well instead of chiding me she taught me how to cook and trust me the food cooked was delicious. She's in real a mother to me, she literally can read my facial expressions and tell whether I'm alright or not. Even though now I'm in a different time but still I got the most lovable people as my family and how could I forget bhratashree Rukmangada and bhratashree Rukmaratha they're highly protective of me it's like the void of a brother in my life has been filled.

"Vedika! Where are you" maa barged in my chamber shouting snapping me back to reality.

"What happened maa? Is everything alright? Did something happened?" I asked her worringly

"No No nothing happened I was finding you everywhere wanted to show you something and here you are sitting, doing nothing"

"Okay I'm sorry maa come sit here and what is it" I said making her sit beside me

"I made this bracelet for you from the red roses because like a rose is a symbol of love just like that you proved to be a goddess of love for us. From the day you stepped in our lives you filled us with all the happiness and love. The palace which was first engulfed in an eerie silence after the death of Madri is now awaken by your laughter and also I got a daughter which I longed for" remarked maa kissing my forehead.

"Maa you don't know how much I'm contented to listen these words and for me you people are my only world who saved me that day you're not less than any gods for me" I replied keeping my head in her lap closing my eyes getting lost in the motherly love.

Maa caressed my hair and said "Putri I wanted to ask you something"

"Maa you don't have to take my permission just ask right away"

"Who is Vasav? That day you were repeatedly calling his name when you were unconscious"

As the words left Maa's mouth my body tensed my breathing became faster as the incident start again replaying in my head. I abruptly sat up facing maa's face. She sensed my anxiety but still her dark brown eyes was gazing at me expecting for an answer.