Chapter 6 - Ambushed

Author's pov

Author's pov

The palace was wrapped in a gloomy and merrier atmosphere because on one hand their beloved daughter was leaving for Hastinapur and on the other hand their son was soon going to be announced as the yuvraj. Avantini's eyes were filled with tears as she bid farewell to her daughter and the Maharaj blessed her for her upcoming life that she has to face alone. He didn't utter a word but his eyes spoke a lot because the position of a king doesn't allow you to be vulnerable or shed tears in front of anyone but a father's heart is helpless.

"Kunti you know about everything that happens in those long luxurious halls of Hastinapur and no one is a stranger to the politics that take place there. You're also a mother and that's why I'm trusting you and agreed of sending Vedika with you. I don't want her to being dragged into this mess she still hasn't overcome that trauma yet. I'm worried about her" said Avantini holding hands of Kunti while everyone was busy in their own chit chat.

"Bhabhi she's like my own daughter and I know how to protect her from all that dirty games that are played in Hastinapur. I promise you that she'll be happy there and no one would there to harm her in my presence" remarked Kunti gaining an assuring look from the Maharani.

Soon the Rajmata with Vedika and other three Rajkumars commenced their journey. Kunti was with Nakul and Sahadev as both were pestering her to accompany them and since no other option left Vedika accompanied Yuyustu on the other chariot.

"It's such a good today Vedika isn't it? The sun shining brightly and birds chirping around" said Yuyutsu striking a conversation

"Yeah true and see your horse is also happy today, yesterday he didn't even ate something"

"Oh he's one moody creature I must say but I love him. He's with me since my childhood"

"Your first love" chuchkled Vedika

"What? laughed  well you can say that but still that spot is yet to be filled by someone special"

"Love and all huh! I must say you look like a true love type person"

"I believe in love. It's the most purest feeling that one can ever feel"

"But sometimes it can even destroy you" remarked Vedika in a low voice

"Still we love that person don't we?" replied Yuyutsu looking straight in her hazel eyes

"Yeah but at the same time it makes us vulnerable. They make certain promises and take vows to always remain by our side but in the end all those are lies just like everyone they leave us alone in the darkness shattering us into million pieces, this is love Yuyutsu. The person for whom we live becomes the reason of our misery. Love is just like an illusion of happiness in which we immersed ourselves" she said as she started twisting the loose end of her drape reflecting her anxiety which Yuyustu noticed and said "You must have expirenced it right? That's why you're saying it with so much confidence but experiences changes with situations and soon yours will also change"