Chapter 13 - Uncertainties

Unedited

Unedited

The air of Hastinapur became toxic, it was like happiness has been sucked out of that place. The commoners who used to work with freedom were now doing things under fear since they got their new Yuvraj Duryodhan. Everyone were suffering but one person was burning inside out upon his failure, the failure of not keeping his oath, the failure of not giving Hastinapur a righteous Yuvraj. Gangaputra Bhisham was standing near the window still contemplating his actions and drowning in his grief, the grief of losing his grandchildren. The eyes in which no one dare to look upon were now itself scared to face anyone. Even today that tragedy replays in his mind, each moment clearly when he reached Varnavat and witnessed nothing but only smoke and the burnt weapons of Pandavs.

"Tatshree" Vidur voiced out him who strode into the room snapping him back to reality.

Bhisham's face which was usually held high, for the first time it showed the trails of wrinkles indicating his old age. His white locks and beard were the witness of his sacrifices that he made all these years yet it didn't made any difference considering the current situation.

"Come Vidur" he replied, voice dripping with grief

"Tatshree, it's been two years and you still agonize upon that"

"Vidur, this is a never ending pain. I still can't believe they're dead, how could they?" he said as his eyes again shone with fresh tears.

Vidur wanted to ease his pain, he wanted to tell him that the Pandavs are not dead! they're alive wandering somewhere in the forests. He wanted to tell him that his sacrifices didn't gone in vain but alas promises, the promises which started this whole epic saga and destroyed people's life.

"Tatshree I wish I could do something" he said clutching his angvastra, stopping himself from saying further.

"No Vidur, we have to accept our fate, the fate of Hastinapur"

Meanwhile someone was in high spirits and why not their plan turned out to be a successful one. Duryodhan became the yuvraj and the Pandavs were dead  for them. The trio were sitting in the Shakuni's chamber still enjoying everyday reminiscing how they killed them.