[ eleven ]

The cold settled into the UK quite quickly

The cold settled into the UK quite quickly. There was call for snow next week and just last week it was warm and breezy.

Now the sleet beats down onto the grounds of Hogwarts. Hard and fast, enriching the atmosphere of the game happening on the field. 20 minutes in and the applause were still as vehement as they were at the beginning of the match. Whoops and hollers cut through the cluttered noise of the rain, coming from rain-gear covered heads with extra layers under their thin ponchos.

Eyes zip around the field following the yellow and red that soars through the air. Something about the storm makes it seem to be faster paced than usual. She felt like she was flipping through pictures; each time she blinks the players are in a different position and the bludger is at least 10 feet from where it was last.

A flash of gold zips by Evelyn, Nell, and Julia followed by a focused Harry. Evelyn watches him fly into the dark clouds in persuit of the snitch.

"AND DIGGORY TAKES THE TALE OF BELL AS SHE GETS THE BLUDGER FROM WEASLEY F.," Lee calls. "LOOKS LIKE HE JUST MIGHT BE GETTING THE BEST OF HER—"

Everyone around Evelyn volumizes their cheers, including her. She draws her eyes to where Cedric follows Katie through the air. She's quick to dip down and turn, a broom carrying a matching red uniform flashes past her.

"AND BELL HANDS IT TO JOHNSON WHO CARRIES IT DOWN THE FEILD."

Nell and Evelyn give each other a small high-five and Evelyn even releases a short, "Whoo!"

Then the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Her stomach starts to ache. Looking up, she notices the ominous influx of dementors emerging from the thick, dark clouds.

The movie night, Evelyn... she leans her hands onto the wooden rail in front of her, think of The Burrow...

"AND JOHNSON MAKES THE SHOT!" Lee announces.

The stands erupt from her goal. Evelyn, vaguely aware of what's happening, claps along all while her focus is locked on the scene happening above the game. A speck of gold, almost like a star, is being trailed by a blur of red. A swirl of black cloaks gather towards it.

"Harry," Evelyn panics quietly. She bats Nell's arm and watches the first dementor take a sharp movement to him. "Nell—"

Nell follows her friend's line of sight up to the concerning scene of the sky. "They're not supposed to be coming in the grounds," She says.

Harry ascends until there's no trace of him through the dreary clouds. Evelyn feels the weight in her chest squeeze at her lungs.

"Where'd he go?" She asks quietly. "They couldn't have—"

And then he begins dropping from the clouds. His broom gone and his body limp, Harry's jersey flutters around him rapidly as he falls from the clouds.

Everyone begins to take notice, various cried and screams of concern bursting from the crowd.