[ thirty-two ]

They tried their hardest to keep her

They really did.

"Mum," George follows her and Arthur down the stairs with Evelyn's knitted carry-on that was forced into his hands by his mother. "Please— I don't understand why she can't come back after a week—"

They were arguing with her all day for the past three of them and Evelyn, for the life of her, can't figure out why their behavior on her leave was so erratic all the sudden.

"Because Grandma Rose is being kind enough to bring Evelyn along with her to Greece," Molly repeats. "Greece, George. You know how much that girl loves the world." She stops at the bottom of the stairs and let's Arthur continue on with her largest suitcase (a large leather one she's borrowing from Robby). She turns to her son. "I don't want to hear another word out of it."

"She has a free place to stay and a whole country to explore," Arthur reminds George. "She will be completely occupied."

"Not to say she won't miss you, dear," Molly adds quickly, taking Evelyn's bag from George's hand. "But she'll be fine."

They've always been rather attached to her... it's obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes and a minute to spare. However, it's never been so much so that they were worried about her being gone for more than six weeks and now they were complaining about just 4 of them without an Evelyn to tease and joke with.

"Oi," Fred opens the kitchen door for his dad, grabbing George's attention. "You coming to say goodbye or not, lover boy?"

George sighs, "Shove off, of course I'm coming."

"Okay," Fred holds up his hands defensively, side stepping for his mother to exit The Burrow. He waits for George to meet him at the door. "She's very eager to get the hell to Greece," Fred tells George quietly. "Just go get the goodbyes over with so we can see her again, alright?"

George nods, letting Fred out of the house first and following close behind on the path to Mr Weasley's flying car where Evelyn pulls back from a Percy hug and turning to Ginny, who's arms are occupied with Loki and his whines of despair. Evelyn tries to comfort him while Molly finishes loading Evelyn's things into the backseat of the car and the twins finish their walk to the parting crowd.

It was established (unpopularly so) this morning that none of the kids were going with to drop Evelyn off to her grandma. Just Arthur and Moly were to go.

"Better not get yourself in too much trouble down there," George yells.

Evelyn pulls down the edge of her thin, white tank top as she turns to look at him. "Oh, don't try to boss me around, WeaselB," she points teasingly, "you know it never ends well."