[ fifteen ]

After Evelyn had decided she was done crying, Fred went upstairs and got the edibles

He came back down to find Harry had gone up to bed and Evelyn leaning against George, whose arm was hung around her shoulders. He brought around the little bag of gummy pieces, shaped to be teddy-bear heads, and shook them in front of Evelyn with a hopeful grin on his face.

"Does Wyre want a little treat?" He asked sweetly, as if he were talking to a child, and Evelyn sat up and nodded with a similar presence.

So the three had one a piece and sat in front of the dimming fire, giggling at one another's movements and how their fingers and toes felt. Evelyn was able to forget about the previous conversation for the night once George started the 'remember the time when...' game. They shared memories, laughing their asses off, and snuck down to the kitchen to get snacks; they tried playing three way rock-paper-scissors, failing to do so, and sang some old songs (off key, mind you) that Charlie had taught them when he came home from the mystical creatures summer camp he used to attended.

Evelyn ended up falling asleep against the couch in the Gryffindor commons but when she woke up, she was stuffed under a pile of dark red covers.

She's the first one up as well. Eyes heavy and nerves tingling. It takes her a moment to realize where she was but that doesn't mean it made her any less confused. She sits up and finds herself in just her bra and jeans.

"What—" She pulls the sheets up to her chest and she looks to her right to see a tousle of bright red hair under the dark covers. She can't tell which it is and as she looks around she realizes she must be in the other's bed.

Standing from the bed, she finds her under shirt and Fred's flannel she stole on the floor. She puts on the cotton tank and folds the red material in her arms. Her feet patter between the beds for a second as she tries to depict which one of their beds she ended up in. Surely she wasn't going to look in their drawers, but maybe—

There's a little, wooden box on the nightstand of the bed she'd found herself in. It's hidden just behind the clock and picture frame of the whole Weasley clan when the kids were fairly young. Evelyn smiles daintily as she knows exactly what's in it: a couple bright colored rocks and beach glass, a stamp from Egypt, a Coke-a-Cola bottle cap, an old set of piglet cuff links and a rusted key a matching tone of gold, a turquoise suit button, a dainty skeletal fossil, and a miniature clay daisy.

George's assorted treasure chest.

He's kept it since he was wee little, old enough to go exploring in the yard with his brothers. He had one at home, a bit bigger, where all his trinkets that he's collected over his life sit for him to occasionally sort through. Evelyn likes to look too. Some of them she helped find (most of the muggle ones) and a few she gave to him when she figured he'd like it (and he always did).

She sets the shirt onto Fred's nightstand, having to pick up some of the clutter and reset it on top the soft red fabric, and looks around George's bed for her wand.