[ nine ]

It's been a little more than a month since Sara received her first edition of the Daily Prophet since 1980

It took her a moment to recognize the print, distinct and detailed. The minute tales and thinned curves of the capital letters sent a pleasant wave of nostalgia through her. The feeling was, however, washed away quickly as she unfolded the stained parchment edges and caught glimpse of the front page picture.

Her stomach wrenched and she sat down at the curve of her kitchen island. "Oh my—"

She watched the man in the picture move, jerking and bearing his teeth. She couldn't even bring herself to admit she could remember the day it was taken, the moment she got the letter...

"Hello!" The crisp voice of her boyfriend called.

Sara folded the paper closed and quickly shut it under the recipe box she'd brought out as Errol came with the post and a separate letter from Molly which now rested on the dining room table along with the monthly letter from someone Sara used to see in her life often. "Hi," she breathed, trying to hide herself in a smile.

Robby stopped short in the opening to the dining room. "What's the matter?" He asked rather quickly. "You look frightened."

Sara opened her mouth to answer, but the words were caught in her throat while Robby stood and gazed over her in concern.

She cleared it, finally, choking out a short sentence. "I need to talk to you..."

+++

Reading over the letter again, Lupin sighs.

He couldn't help but admit his anger with the old friend. It was because of her he wasn't able to see his God daughter since she was 3... for so long that she doesn't even remember him.

And her mother never said otherwise... about him or her father.

"Professor," her litted voice comes from the doorway.

He looks up from his paper and grins at her. It's amazing, the hit of nostalgia he gets from just looking at her.

"Evelyn," he greets. "What brings you in? Shouldn't you all be off to Hogsmeade?"

She nods, staying put at the door. "Um, yeah... we're going in a minute, but I actually just had a question about the assignment."

He shakes his head, almost chuckling at her. "Evelyn, remember what I said just before you left my room this morning?"

"That I was just fine and had all the tools I needed to successfully write this paper?" She recalls in question, hoping she had the right part of conversation.