[ five ]

He slams the door shut behind him, the class suddenly silencing at the abrupt noise that echoes through the hall

He stops, looks back at the door, and then continues his way to the front of the class.

"Sorry about that," he mutters. "Doors are a lot lighter than I remember, apparently."

Evelyn almost laughs at his quip.

Lupin is his name.

Dumbledore introduced him as Remus J Lupin, the newest Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. The past few days with this information has irked Evelyn. The name has been itching at the very back of her mind, like a familiar name from history. She didn't know where from exactly... but it was there and it was bothering the hell out of her.

He pauses when he gets to the front of the room, looking up at his class as they stare up at him. His brows furrow and his eyes wander the class for a long moment. He drops his book down on the front table next to the chalkboard and crosses his arms.

"No... I don't like this," he decides. "Stand up!"

Eleanor and Evelyn glance at each other before rising to our feet. They glance at Fred and George behind them only to find that they have the same confused gaze. They all look at one another in questioning before they shrug.

"Let us..." Lupin ponders for a moment, continuing his slow examination of the room. "Uhm— well, just," he heaves a breath and squares out his shoulders. "Mind your feet!" He warns shortly before pushing his hands out from the center of his chest.

The long, dark table sat in front of each pair of students suddenly moves to the outskirts of the class room. They gravitate towards the closest wall like magnets. They screech against the hardwood floor, turning to fit longways against the stone wall, without leaving a scratch.

"Much better!" He claps. They're all looking at one another now. Each fifth year is just as puzzled as the next. Puzzled, yet intrigued. "Okay! I'll be back," he hurries to his office once more, "one second..."

"He's a character," Nell mutters.

Jasmine said the same thing to Evelyn this morning. The two had skipped breakfast to make it McGonagall's early. Finding the door locked, they waited. Meet minutes later, Professor Lupin came out of McGonagall's room along with Professor Sprout, Professor Snape, and Dumbledore. Lupin made a point to stop Evelyn and ask if she was okay. Though, assuring him she was only got her a curt nod, almost like he didn't believe her. He continued on his way and Jasmine couldn't hold back her comment on just how peculiar the new D.A.D.A professor is.

Evelyn turns and looks at Nell, "Yeah, Jaz said—"

"What's she say?" One of them asks. His arm slips over her shoulder, the sweet smell of churned cinnamon and whatever citrus colonnades his cologne takes over her senses.