Chapter 17

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

Derek's POV

"What is it exactly that I'm here for?" Layla's never ending voice asking, piercing the much needed silence that I just couldn't seem to achieve with the talkative teenager beside me.

Green eyes rolled on their own accord. "I told you already. You are here to help me train Scott McCall."

She snapped her head over to me and grabbed my arm, stopping me from any potential movement. "Why are you so concerned about Scooby."

I raised my eyebrows at her new nickname for the sophomore. "What? You can't tell me that you don't notice the lost puppy look he always has etched on his face. The nickname is self explanatory." I was about to to reply but she slapped her tiny hand over my mouth.

I understood why when the freshly bitten beta walked from the doors, carrying grocery bags in both hands.

He stopped, and looked at all of the cars, noticing that none of them were his—or his moms rather. "Dammit," He mutters then angling his body to leave.

When he left, I pulled Layla on my back and jumped to the 4th floor. We hid behind some cars, making the training much more fun.

Scott finally realized that he had no clue where the car was located. So he set the bags down and pulled out the car keys, pressing the lock button multiple times before he heard a response.

A bottle rolled out of a grocery bag and Layla stooped it with the tips of her finger.

"Crap," I heard Scott whisper. Layla smirked at me and grabbed my hand, and pointed to my nails. Silently asking me to bring out my claws, I complied and she stabbed them through the plastic bottle. She used the tips of her fingers to roll the bottle back to Scott.

Scott looked through the window and saw my dark figure through the other side. When he starts to run, Layla imitates me growling and points to Scott.

I chase after him and she goes the other way to ambush him. For more dramatic effect I get on all fours and chase him. For a good minute, all that could be heard was the sound of Scott's footsteps.

After a moment of me staying still, the only sound was of the honking cars from below, and I almost praised Scott for making a stealthy disappearance, but his breathing was too erratic and it made him a easy find.

Finally, when I went to grab the new werewolf, he had another idea. He started jumping from car to car, making their alarms go off. I smiled at his thinking and Layla popped up from under one of the cars.

"We're gonna have to give Scooby props for that, Der-bear."

"Maybe," I grunt and turn the corner to reveal myself to Scott, but I stopped mid-step. "And don't call me that."