Chapter 39

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

3rd POV

"Wait," Jackson stopped Layla, his hand raised up to his head to process all of the information she was throwing at him. "—you want me to take Allison to the formal?"

"Yes." She nodded surely. "Scooby won't be able to go, he's on probation because of his grades and we need to make sure she's safe."

Jackson's thick eyebrows furrowed at the plea, and he was going to agree anyway, he'd already asking Allison to the Winter Formal. "I was already going to take her."

"I know that, I just need you to keep her at the formal, don't let her leave."

He scoffed at her. "If she's at the party with me, she won't want to leave."

With a roll of her eyes, Layla thanked him and walked away. Nobody was at school, taking the day off to prep for the dance that would take place that night. It was no prom, that's for sure, but Beacon Hills always went all out for a party.

Layla spent her day getting facial treatments and using extensive amounts of deep conditioner so her hair would be strong and healthy when she put heat to it.

Forty-five minutes later and she'd finished curling the last piece of her thick hair, letting it fall down on her shoulders. Taking a look at her reflection in the mirror, she rubbed her lips together, evening out the gloss she'd applied.

"You look beautiful," Lydia complimented from her spot at the door, her short cream colored dress bringing out her hair color.

A small smile creeped it's way on Layla's face. "So do you. That's definitely your color." She picked up my freshly charged phone and placed it in the middle of her strapless bra.

"Layla? Will you ever forgive me?"

"I already have, Lyd." Layla admits, she was growing tired of having the ignore the strawberry blonde wherever she went. Times were hard and when family numbers were dropping like flies, she needed to cling onto whichever ones could still breathe. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around why you would do that? You knew about how much I love him."

"Love?"

"Loved," She quickly corrected, realizing her mistake.

"No, you love him still."

Layla shook my head and put the heels she'd purchased a few months back and walked out of the room, making her way to the staircase. "So what."

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did. I know sorry doesn't cover that, but it's all I have. Now, I'm one hundred percent positive that that self-centered jerk is completely infatuated with you. So you drive your ass to that school, and make him regret that he left you."

The brunette paused, turning back to look at her half-sister. "I don't need to make him, he already does."

"Are you driving?"

"No, Stiles is taking me. You can tag along if you want."

Lydia grabbed her small silver clutch, rushing to get into the baby blue Jeep. "Linda?" He asked when she got in the car.

Her red lips turned up into a rude smile. "It's Lydia."

--

Loud music blared from the speakers in the gym and the sweaty bodies that were dancing and gyrating against one another was enough to make it smell like cheap perfumes and hormones. Lydia disappeared the moment they walked it, making a B-line for the punch bowl that was spiked heavily with vodka—thanks Greenburg.

"Layla, do you want to dance?"

His hand was outstretched and she paid twenty dollars for a ticket, she was going to dance until her heels broke. "Only if you can keep up, Stilinski."

The duo had made it through two fast paced songs before it slowed down and everyone could hear Finstock yelling Scott's name. "McCall! What the hell do you think your doing."

Layla laughed at his tactic, his arms were wrapped out Danny's neck, swaying slowly to the music. The little interaction ended quickly, Finstock giving up when he was glared at by everyone who thought he was being homophobic to see the two boys dancing.

"You okay?" Stiles questioned, his hand resting loosely on Layla's hips, trying to keep them at a respectable place.

"I just need to take a trip to the little girls room."

"You mean, you need to find Jackson?" She paused, realizing that she'd probably end up ditching the bathroom to find Jackson, and nodded at the sheriffs son. "Go for it."

She wandered all over the school, calling his name that was either met with the sound of girlish giggles or the smacking of lips when a sneaky couple got pack the chaperones that were drinking something a bit stronger than punch.

"Jackson? Jackson?" Layla trudged through the freshly trimmed grass, sinking in the dirt slightly because of the heels. The lights began flashing, on and off and then on again. "Lydia?"

"What?" She responded making her jump and place a freshly manicured hand over her chest.

"What are you doing out here?" Layla asked, squinting her eyes because of the harsh fluorescent lights. Layla looked past her, seeing a dark figure approaching the two. "Jackson, is that you?"

"Run!"Stiles yelled from behind them, his hands flailing, gesturing for the two girls to leave before Peter could get to them. "Layla, run!"

Everything happened so fast, his mouthed stretched out wide revealing a large set of teeth that looked bigger than any werewolf's she'd ever seen before. This was an alpha, and he was proving it.

His teeth sunk into Lydia's side, her falling to the ground so quick, she didn't even have a chance to scream. 

Layla sank to her knees, trying to use her abilities, the ones she'd found out about and kept a secret from the rest of the group. How her hands healed, it mended the wounds and made them seem brand new. But she didn't even get the chance to show her party trick when Peter reached over and smashed her head down to the ground so hard, she blacked out.