Chapter 21

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

3rd POV

"Oh my god, Derek." Layla cried as she saw the blood seeping through his wounds. Her hand reached out to touch him, and when she did his wounds vanished, the claw marks closing just as fast as they came. Derek's gasp for air startled Layla, she fell backwards and held her hand over her mouth in shock and happiness. "You're alive?"

Derek saw the pain in her eyes and engulfed her in a hug. "I'm okay." Her small body shook furiously, as she sobbed in his chest.

Her phone had started ringing and she quickly composed herself just enough to answer it. "Hello?"

"Layla where the hell are you? I've been at your house for twenty minutes,and your nowhere to be found." Jackson snarled on the phone, obviously angry at her but she really didn't have the time to milk his ego.

Not bothering to lie to him, she told him the truth. "I'm with Stiles and Scott."

"Why?" Layla shuffled around, helping Derek get off of the ground and checking to make sure his wounds were truly healed, a topic she'd have to bookmark.

How did he heal so quickly? He was nearly dead.

"We had planned to hang out today, and they wanted to teach me how to play lacrosse." She lied through her teeth.

His pause of silence scared her more than his yells. "You never let me teach you to play."

"Jackson—" She groaned, instantly regretting the lie that fell so freely from her lips. Layla knew how to play lacrosse, she was very good at it which is why she wouldn't practice with Jackson because she was positive that she was better than him.

"Whatever. I have to go."

"I lo—" Her unfinished sentence was met by the taunting sound of the dial tone.

Layla let out a breath of air, the stress that she had from their relationship was making her loose sleep and hair. "Trouble in paradise?" Derek asked, green eyes searching around for the alpha werewolf that was the cause of a lot of his problems lately.

His younger sister let out a humorless laugh. "How could there be trouble in paradise when there wasn't paradise to begin with."

"You should just break up with him."

"I can't."

Derek stopped walking to look at the teenage girl. His first thoughts were that Jackson was making her stay. "Why?"

"Because, I love him."

Derek and Layla exchanged goodbyes, mutually agreeing that it'd be best for Derek to leave and stay out of trouble. He had a knack for getting into trouble when getting himself involved with the two teenage boys. Layla waited until his car was out of sight.

Once he was gone, she turned to see a familiar Porsche pull into the lot, a brunette coming out of the passenger seat. "What the hell?" She muttered under her breath. 

Jackson followed soon after Allison and walked up to her with a flashlight in hand. His face was so close to hers that their lips were almost touching. "Be safe."

"What the hell are you two doing here?" She interrupted the moment, not missing how quickly Allison stepped away from Jackson, running her skinny fingers through her curled hair.

"I needed a ride, Scott texted me to come here and I saw Jackson and he offered to give me a ride."

Her brown eyes jumped from one to the other, making a small noise in the back of her throat. "You should've just stayed home."

---

Stiles' POV

"He could be right outside." Scott whispered to me after staring at the battery of my Jeep that the alpha had thrown into the room that me and Scott we're currently hiding in.

"He is right outside."

"Okay, just let me take a look." Scott peeked out of the window, checking if the alpha was out there.

"Anything?"

"No," Scott affirms.

"Move now?"

"Move now."

We walk out of the classroom and into the dark hallway, the only way that we can see is because of the flashlight I had found.

Scott turned to the right and started walking. "This way."

"No," I deny quickly. "—somewhere without windows."

"The whole school has windows."

"Okay, well somewhere with less windows," I sarcastically reply.

There was a pause, a silent moment filled with me and Scott mentally picturing the whole school, every room until we could come up with one that met our criteria. "The locker room?"

"Why is the alpha after you in the first place?" I ask, gasping for breath when we finally make it to the locker room, shutting the door behind us.

Scott shone the flashlight around the dark room, assuring the both of us that we were the only two people in this room. "He wants me to kill with him. He turned me, so he wants to hunt with him like a pack."

"A psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork. That's beautiful."

The shaggy brunette looked at me. "Stiles?"

"Yeah?"

"You're not helping."