Chapter 37

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

Layla's POV

"Allison, when you said you wanted to stop for an errand before we went shopping. A five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia complained from behind us.

I glanced back at the strawberry blonde, who was struggling in her heels. "Be lucky we let you even tag along with us to go shopping." I sardonically responded.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you were okay with something," Allison asked me while slowing down how fast she was walking to keep a steady pace beside me. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

I stopped walking for a moment, but let out a breath of air and kept going. "Did he?"

"Just as friends but I just wanted to make sure that you were okay with it first." She responded sounding very cocky that she got a date with Beacon Hills' hot shot.

"Sure, as long as it's just friends." I added hoping that she wasn't going to do anything with him.

"Well yeah, I mean it's not like I would take him in the coaches office room during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." I stopped walking and grabbed her shoulder to stop her from walking any further.

I pointed a finger in her face, my cheeks flushed in anger. "I'm not sure who told you that lie, but I never made out with Scott. He tried to kiss me, I smacked him and ran away. Sorry if I made you angry because I hit your little puppy, but don't you ever accuse me of something like that. I'm a lot of things Allison, but a man stealer is not of them." I began walking ahead of the shocked brunette but turned back to look in her brown eyes. "Ask Lydia, maybe she wanted a round with your boyfriend, like she did with mine."

"I thought we were over that."

I spared her a glance over my shoulder, brows furrowed. "You thought wrong."

We walked a few steps further into the woods before Allison stopped, taking a crossbow out of her purse and setting it on the ground.

"What's that do?" Lydia asked while Allison screwed a flare to the tip of her crossbow.

"We're about to find out."

I sighed and rolled my eyes at my half-sister.
"No, you guys are about to find out." I mumbled drawing attention to myself. I threw my arms up in defeat. "What? That's clearly a flare that sparks when it hits a surface. It's used to distract animals from killing humans when they're being attacked." I could feel both of their eyes boring into my skin. "My dad used to take me hunting with him."

Allison loaded her bow and aimed it at the centre of a tree. She released the drawstring and the arrow did exactly what I said.

"What the hell was that?" Lydia was staring at the tree with the black scorch marks.