Chapter 25

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

Jackson POV

"You are the dumbest person I've ever met!" Danny Mahealani yelled at me, while pacing back and forth in my room. "I tell you to be more romantic and what do you do? You fucking cheat! Dammit Jackson, your my best friend so I get to do this." Before his words registered a fist flew up and hit me right in the jaw.

"What the hell Danny!" I yelled while holding my face in pain.

He waved me off, not paying attention to me and the obvious pain I was in. "You deserved that. Listen to me." I looked away and Danny slapped my face to I looked in his direction. "Listen to me." He annunciated his words so I understood how serious his next words were going to be. "Now Layla has been there for you since the first grade, Jackson. You guys didn't just date miraculously. Before this boyfriend-girlfriend shit started, you two were best friends. You asked her out Jackson. You made the commitment to always be there for her and treat her right when you asked her to be yours. You cheated on her with her own family, and your gonna go take your perky ass over to her house and grovel for forgiveness."

A tear slipped down my cheek. "I already tried."

"To grovel?"

"No, I drove to her house last night. Her mom let me in and I walked up to her room only to see that she was cuddled up with Stilinski. I asked her mom what happened and she said she heard Layla screaming and went to go calm her down but apparently he was already there to comfort her."

Danny looked out the window and grinned. "He's good for her," I snapped my head up to look at him and threw my hands up.

"Thanks Danny, you fucking asshole."

"Oh hell no, you don't get to yell at me. I'm not here to sugarcoat shit for you Jackson. I'm here to tell you the truth. You messed up! She was hurting while she was with you because all you did was screw up. Now that someone is actually treating her like the jewel that she is, you want to get jealous. That's not how it works Whittemore. If you didn't treat her like she was the scum on your feet when you two were together then she wouldn't need another guy to treat her right." Danny shouted and walked out my room leaving me stunned to silence.

--

Layla POV

"Do you need help?" Stiles asked as I was struggling to get my shirt on.

"Please?" He immediately walked over and helped me get the shirt on without stretching my wounds to badly. His warm finger brushed against the side of my stomach as he was pulling the shirt down and goosebumps took over my skin. He leaned down a bit and I could feel his breath fanning against my face, but he only lifted his hands to fix the collar of my shirt.

"Thanks," I breathed out while sidestepping him so I could regain my breath. But he pulled me back to him and pulled me close to him. Our noses touched and lips brushed together. "I'm using you."

"I know. I'm okay with that."

I wasn't. He loved me and I knew it, and it wasn't fair for me to use his feelings for my benefit just because I was hurting. "I'm not."

"Are you sure you're ready to go to school. I mean you got hurt just last night Layla." My adoptive mom spoke while chasing me out the door. Stiles was already in his Jeep waiting for me, so he left me to deal with her alone. Payback from earlier I suppose.

"I'm fine, plus I took tons of Tylenol this morning, I'm practically high."

"Lydia's gonna need someone to help her around school, so can you—"

"No. Lydia's been to Beacon Hills before, she can ask someone and that someone doesn't have to be me. Hey, she can ask Jackson when she's not spreading her legs for him." I spat while slamming my door behind me.

I pulled the Jeep door open and plopped down in the surprisingly comfortable seats. I glanced at Stiles to see him already looking at me. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just nice to see someone else occupying my passenger seat that's not Scott." My eyes widened in realization.

"Oh, you always drive Scott to school. Stiles I'm sorry. Am I like coming between bro code or something?" Scott's curly head popped up from the backseat, scaring me half to death.

"Nope. In fact, you my friend, are doing the exact opposite, now drive Stiles. I don't wanna be late."

"I do," I grumbled.

"Why?"

"Lydia's enrolled to BHHS." I cheered in mock-enthusiasm.

Scott and Stiles flinched at the same time. "Sorry Lays," Scott spoke and I tensed at the nickname.

I plastered a believable smile on my face. "Its all good Scooby. I'll be fine."

I hope.