Chapter 23

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

Layla's POV

My head was pounding and my stomach was throbbing with was pain I'd never experienced before. I looked down and saw bloody scratch marks running from the bottom of my bra to the top of my jeans. Jagged marks that were deep but hopefully not enough to tear vital organs.

I tried to get up, but the pain was too much. It hurt and it made it harder to breath. I sucked in a large gulp of breath, readying myself for the pain that I was about to inflict on myself.

I turned so I was laying on my belly, the cold floor burned my cut marks but in some odd way it was satisfying to feel cold against the hot injury. I bent my legs to get up, and the blood just poured out like a never ending waterfall.

A loud scream came from my mouth and I wasn't sure if it was because of the mutilated body of the janitor next to me, or the white hot pain that ripped through my body as my I finally stood to my feet.

"Layla!" I heard Jackson's faint yell, making me stop completely.

"Jackson!" I yelled back, praying for an answer.

"Layla!" He shouted back and I followed the voice, turning to the opposite direction from where I was previously running.

I stumbled down the hall, resting my weight against the lockers and I waited for him to call again, blindly guiding me to safety. "Jackson!"

"Layla!" His voice came from the Science Lab and I banged on the door. My blood covered hands left marks everywhere. There was pools of my DNA all over the lockers, floors and doors and I didn't give a damn.

"Let me in." I shouted louder when I heard the scrapping of metals and from the end of the hall followed by a bone chilling growl. I banged on the door louder. "Hurry up, its coming." I begged the tears streaming down my face and leaving tracking of black from my mascara.

The door fell open and I ran in, slamming it behind me. I slid down the door and my vision got blurry, due to the blood loss.

"Oh my god!" Allison sobbed and Jackson ran over to me, picked up my body and examined my cuts.

The adrenaline was wearing off and I could feel everything. "We need to call the cops." He spoke urgently, using the training he'd learned from the Safety Ed class I forced him to take freshman year.

I never thought it would actually come in handy.

"No." Stiles replied, his hands shaking furiously at the terrifying sight of me bleeding out all over the floor.

Blonde hair faced the ceiling, blue eyes shooting daggers at the buzz cut teen. "What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. Want me to say it in Spanish, Noh."

"Layla is bleeding to death and you're telling me that you won't call the cops?"

"Look," Stiles tried to explain. "Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with?"

"Yeah, well, judging by Layla's stomach, he has the kitty claws of death." Jackson sarcastically replied, ripping parts of my shirt as a bandage, tightening it so it could help stop the bleeding. "And let's not forget that your dad is armed with an entire sheriffs department that should be able to take down one guy."

"Why do you even care?" Stiles snapped. "Last time I checked, you've been cheating on Layla for weeks. That's what the video that Matt was talking about is," Stiles shouted and my eyes widened in shock, the pain in my stomach long forgotten and overpowered by the shock.

I pulled away from him, trying to get enough distance to look him in the eye and make sure that whatever Stilinski was saying was a lie. It couldn't possibly be true. "What?"

"Jackson has been cheating on you. But one night he got drunk, and slipped up, he forgot to cover up his tracks. The tape that showed Jackson making out with another girl. And the best part is—the girl he was making out with, is you half-sister."

I took a minute to process the information being fed to me. "You cheated on me with Lydia? That's impossible, she's not supposed to be here until next Tuesday."

Jackson looked down at the ground avoiding my eyes. "She came in early, and your mom was at work, you wouldn't answer the phone, so she called me. I picked her up and we hung out for a little bit and you and I were fighting and I remember being so mad and she kissed me and I kissed back." He paused for a minute, feeling suffocated with all the judging eyes that were trained solely on him. "And kissing was all we did for a little while."

I shook and my bottom lip quivered as the tears streamed down my face. "No, Jackson. Please tell me you didn't."

Tears of his own welled up in his blue-green eyes. "I was drunk the first time we had sex."

"The first time!" I shouted, but my voice cracked miserably. "How many times have you had sex with her? Actually, don't tell me. I don't want to know how stupid I am for trusting you." The tears that had fallen down my face dripped down my chin and I was quick to wipe them off. "You know we're over right? There's no way I will ever take you back after this. This is unforgivable."

"Layla I'm sorry. I was gonna tell you sooner."

I numbly stared in his eyes. "It shouldn't have happened at all." I subconsciously fumbled with the ring he got me when we had our one year anniversary.

As much as I was hurt by the new discovery, I couldn't work up the guts to give back the ring. It had been apart of me for so long, I wasn't sure that I wanted it gone. But I knew it had to be done.

I ripped the piece of silver jewelry off of my finger, the absence of the simple item making everything ache. "Layla—"

"We've got more important things to think about than your unfaithfulness. Let's start with how we're going to get out before I die. The bandages will work for now, but not forever."

Everyone was quiet, so quiet I could hear the crickets outside. "I'm going out there."