Chapter 6

|Revised Chapter|

3rd POV

Her room was light and spacious, the walls colored a soft creme color that was accented by reds for her furniture. Red sheets, red and white pillows, but it suited the room that made it stand out on ways that Scott McCall wasn't aware rooms could look. His was bland and screamed teenage boy while Layla's looked more put together and sophisticated. "You idiot!" The pale, mole covered boy shouted frantically over the phone, his hands gripping the small piece of metal tightly. "You broke into Layla Davis's house?"

Scott had called him during his panic, explaining that Derek's scent was all over Layla's room and his wolf side had lead him to it. Now, he stood there in the middle of the room looking around awkwardly for a sign that would explain why Derek was there before Layla came home but so far he was coming up with nothing up dead ends.

"Well yeah," Scott admitted, brown eyes darting around the clean room. "—but I had a good reason," He stuttered while staring at the picture of Layla, her stomach exposed in the tiny purple bikini she wore that showed a small triskelion imprinted on her hip. The exact same one as Derek.

"Explain it then," Layla's sweet as honey voice said from behind him.

"Abort mission. Scott, I repeat, abort mission," Stiles yelled, his voice carrying loud enough for Layla to hear it from her spot by the door, her hands resting firmly on her hips. Scott quickly hung up and turn around to face her, his shaggy hair covering the tip of his eyes with his sudden movement.

"So McCall, mind explaining why the hell you decided to break in my house at eleven o'clock at night? I could call the sheriff and charge you for breaking and entering."

A series of jumbled sounds passed the new werewolf's lips before he blurted out. "Triskelion."

Layla's body stiffened and her face held a stony expression she normally only used in school. It was a defense mechanism that she's grown used to to shelter herself from people who didn't have her best intentions at heart. "What about it?"

"Derek Hale has the same one. It's on his back, but it's the same, and you have it too."

"Yes, your point?"

He stared at Layla unashamed, before his eyes widened further. "You guys are related, aren't you."

"That's personal information," The brunette snapped, fully entering her room and shutting the door behind her loudly, but she didn't care. No one else was home which is probably why Scott was able to successfully break in while making so much noise and still not be caught.

Layla knew that eventually—not anytime soon—people would make the small connection, but she had just met her biological brother and she wasn't even ready to call him that. Sure they shared a few similarities, the dark hair, stunning looks, and the same symbol that was permanently etched onto their bodies, but other than that he might as well have been another stranger off of the street.

"Well then, what is he to you?" Scott prodded further.

"Your guess is as good as mine," The female shrugged her shoulders in submission. She didn't know Derek all that well, not enough to call him her brother even if he was, rightfully so. "We met over the summer a few years ago and he has been to a few of my dances. He was always around, but he has never talked to me until today."

There was an awkward silence that filled the air before the awkward teenage boy blurted out words that came out quicker than his brain could filter it. "Do you believe in supernatural?"

The spontaneous question caught her off guard and she looked at Scott like he was taking something. "Excuse me? Scott are you on drugs? Jackson suspected you were on drugs, are you?"

"Right now? No."

"So you do take drugs?"

"What no. I don't do drugs," He looked at Layla judging her with his puppy dog eyes. "Do you take drugs?"

"Well not now at least," She said passively and he smiled at her for a moment, then quickly frowned.

"You know, I'm gonna leave," He stammered his curly hair bobbed a bit and he walked over to her window and jumped out.

Layla ran over to see him walking safely across the street.

How the hell did he jump out of the window?

Layla's room was on the third floor.