Chapter 11

|Revised Chapter|

|Revised Chapter|

Layla's POV

We were at the bowling alley and we met up with Allison and Scott at the front door.

"Let's go in, shall we." We all got our shoes and went to our designated lanes and entered our names in the machine.

Allison and Scott had left to go get their bowling balls and me and Jackson stayed and started tying our shoes.

I stood at the lane with my pink ball and I pursed my lips while checking the middle line so I could perfectly hit all the pins when Jackson came from behind me and put his hands on my hips.

"I don't need your help Jackson."

"Babe, you can't still be mad at me."

"I can and I am. But keep doing what your doing, the last thing I need is the third degree from Allison." I faked a smile and Jackson "helped me" throw the ball. It rolled right into the gutter and I turned around to face him. "I said I didn't need your help. But obviously you need mine. That sucked Whittemore." We tried a second time and I gave him a little less control and I hit a few pins. "You're so bad at this." I said then walked away from him.

Allison got up to throw the ball and make a strike. I smiled at her and got more comfy in my seat when Jackson got up to bowl. He make a perfect strike and I cheered for him out of instinct.

"Your up, McCall." Jackson said taunting him. I wanted to flick him but refrained against it.

"You can do it Scott," Allison encouraged, making me stare at them in envy. I wanted what they had, the kisses, the hand holding, the waiting for each other at the end of class. I wanted it so badly.

I was inturrepted by Jackson's obnoxious laughing which made me assume that Scott missed.

"Jackson? Mind shutting up." Allison sassed and I held in my laugh.

"I'm sorry. I'm just flashing back to the words 'I'm a great bowler'." I glared at him because his attitude and rude behavior was starting to annoy me.

"Well babe, let him warm up a bit. Don't be a dick." I mutter, not wanting to make him angry at me. But Allison heard me anyways and smiled thankfully.

He snorted. "Yeah and maybe he just needs the kiddie bumpers." I scooted away from him a bit and didn't pay him any attention.

I hated when he bullied people, when I was younger I was bullied a lot and I would never do that to others.  "Just aim for the middle." I encourage.

"How about you aim for anything but the gutter." I scoffed and pinched his thigh really hard. "Ow, what the hell."

"Shut up, Jackson."

Allison nodded, her chocolate brown curls boon hung with the gesture. "Yeah, let him concentrate," Scott walks back up and throws the ball, it rolls down the middle then turns into the gutter unexpectedly.

"Great job McCall. Man, you are a pro." It was my turn and Jackson stands up with me to throw the ball.

We kept playing and each time Jackson went to help me the more I lost. It was annoying me and I was getting irritable to a point where my fists were clenching and uncle chins at my sides.

Scott's turn rolls around again and I nudge Allison to help him. She nods and runs up there to help him. "Scott."

"Why the hell did you do that?" Jackson groans.

"Because your an asshole. Don't bring him down Jackson, just because you think that your God, doesn't mean you actually are." He flinches back after I snap at him and he shuts up while Allison helps Scott.

Apparently it works because after she sits down he makes a strike. I whip my head over to her. "What did you say to him?"

"I-I just gave him something to think about." Ohh she sexed him up. Props to to Ms. Innocence. And each time Scott gets a strike again, and again, and again.

"Jackson how many strikes is that?" Me and Allison taunt, with big grins on both of our faces.

"It's six, in a row." He reluctantly admits.

I stand up and debate whether I should flirt Scott into helping me, but quickly decide against it. "Wish me luck." I say to the cute pair.

"Here I can help you," Jackson stands up and I push him back.

"Why don't you let me try this one myself?" I smirk and pick up the ball and walk to the isle. I hold perfect stance and let the ball go. Earning a strike. I raise my hands in the air and strut back to my seat.

"I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"That was sort of perfect form," Allison tells me and I smile at her.

"Was it?" She leans forward to talk to me and I lean too to meet her in the middle.

"Maybe you should stop pretending to suck just for his benefit." Something inside me snapped and I give her a haughty glare.

"Trust me, I do plenty of sucking just for his benefit."

---

"Layla please, just stop being so mad at me," Jackson pleads while following me inside of my house.

I look him in the eye and soften my voice. "I'm not mad at you Jackson. I done with this. You constantly push me aside so you can prosper. I'm tired of being second choice with you."

"What do you mean. There's no one else but you."

"Oh, I know there's no one else but me. But there is something else over me. That's what I hate. That a sport gets more attention than me." I kiss his cheek softly and walk inside my house and lock the door.
---
Jackson POV

I sat in the Porsche outside of her house longer than I anticipated. "I'm loosing her man, and I don't think I can get her back," I whisper through the phone while watching her cry through her window.

"You know what you have to do Jackson. You just won't do it. So what's it gonna be? Lacrosse? Or the love of your life?" Danny says then hangs up on me.

"I don't know." I say into thin air.