| 3 |

I got under my covers, and sat leaned against the wall behind my bed, as both Sunghoon and Jake did the same on the other side of the room.

"Okay... how about we play 21 questions, to get to know each other better?" I questioned and both boys nodded immediately.

"We start with you," Jake pointed out and I just nodded at him, "birthday?"

"December 31st, 2002," I proudly replied.

"Siblings?" Sunghoon continued.

"A younger brother," I nodded at him.

"You said you moved around a lot. Why?" Jake questioned with suspicion.

"Ah... how do I explain this?" I clapped my hands together before looking off, as I was thinking about my answer, "my dad's family has been circus artists for generations. So my family has always stuck to one specific circus. It used to travel the world, but for the past two decades it's only been in Europe, mainly England actually. So my whole family is part of acts there."

"Wah... that's so cool," Jake's eyes lit up in amazement.

"What was your act?" Sunghoon questioned with a small smile, showing one dimple in his cheek.

"Aerial arts," I replied and they both just cocked their heads to the same side, "you know... like those long silks, and the flying hoop, the straps like in 'The Greatest Showman'."

"Ah," they both simultaneously nodded, showing that they now understood.

"Which acts did your family have?" Jake questioned, leaning forward in his bed.

"Uhm... my parents used to have an trapeze act. The one where you hang from that swing and do tricks whilst swinging back and forth," I explained and they both nodded, "but now my mom is just responsible for ticket sale. My brother... oh right, he is part of our acrobatics team, he's what we call "the canonball", basically the one that gets thrown around. We don't have animals in the circus, instead we donate a lot of income to get the use of animals in circuses banned."

"Wait, this is cool," Jake held up both his hands in front of him as he grinned widely at me.

"I don't know," I shrugged at him, "I really wanted to try and experience going to a real school, I've only been homeschooled. So just by being here for three months, with the same people... that is insane to me."

"We have to take care of you then," Sunghoon stated making Jake eagerly nod in agreement.

"It's sweet of you, but don't worry too much about it," I shook my head at them with a small smile.

"So... if you haven't attended normal school at any point, don't you then get to do normal teenage stuff? Like hanging out with friends and such?" Jake questioned and I slowly shook my head at him.

"I don't even know what kids my age do," I hesitantly admitted to him, "Jihye was the first one my age, I ever spoke to," they both widened their eyes immediately.

"And when was that?" he questioned, looking completely gobsmacked.

"When I became a trainee... around... a year ago," I replied.

"So you've never met anyone our age, until then?" he questioend for clarification.

"I mean... I've seen them around whenever we've travelled around to do shows, but... I was the first kid born in the circus in around fifteen years.So I've never had like... friends, or really spoken to any," I shook my head at him.

"How is that even possible?" he gushed looking over at Sunghoon who seemed to be quite casual about the whole thing, "were you nervous about coming here, then?" he turned back to me and I immediately nodded.

"You have no idea," I let out a small laugh at him, "I'm still shaking."

"Wah, cutie," Sunghoon cooed, before his ears turned a bright red as both Jake and I laughed at how quickly he had gotten embarrassed by his own words.

"So the first real friend you actually had was Jihye?" Jake questioned and I nodded at him.

"If you don't count my mom and little brother," I quickly pointed out to him, making him nod at me.

"So, now that she is in the Ground, you must feel a bit..." he trailed off and gestured with his hand, clearly at a loss for words.

"Scared?" I questioned him and he nodded at me, "yeah... I'm not exactly the most extroverted person, but I can do it if it's necessary."

"We'll be your friends then," Jake grinned widely at me, making me smile softly at the two boys. Jake with a wide grin on his face, and Sunghoon with a small smile instead, as his ears still were recovering.

"Then I guess my total friend count is up on three," I grinned widely at them, before we all let out awkward laughters.

"I still need to know, do you want us to call you Edin or Hana?" Jake questioned, making me let out a small sigh.

"I can't pronounce Eg- yeah you know which one,," Sunghoon sheepishly admitted with a small laugh, "so I'll go with Hana."

"Then I'll do the same," Jake nodded in agreement, "for less confusion."

"Ah, wait... I have one last question, that I am curious about," Sunghoon quickly spoke, making us both look at him, "what is your weak point in this competition?"

"I'm not that good of a dancer," I spoke up in embarrassment.

"Can you rap?" Jake questioned and I shrugged.

"To some extent. I'm strongest in vocals," I pointed out and they both nodded at me.

"I figured," Sunghoon smirked towards me.

"We'll practice dance together, then," Jake stated towards me, "I'm not the fastest at picking up choreography."

"Dance buddy," I cooed at him, making him immediately point towards me with a satisfied look on his face.

I guess you could say that the first night wasn't as hard to get through as I thought. Knowing that I at least had two boys, that now had promised to stay by my side, made it much easier for me to sleep soundly.