| 20 |

I don't know how or when we decided on it, but somehow our unit had ended up in the room, of the ranks 4-6, to just sit and talk. Get to know each other more.

We had all spread out over the three beds. Sunoo and Heeseung had accompanied each other in one, whilst Sunghoon and I had taken his bed as well, just for Taki to lay on his stomach on the third bed. 

They were all speaking about how they auditioned or got scouted and all sorts of things. Heck, Heeseung was even a hopeless dancer at once in his training time, much to everyone's surprise. Can you even imagine this boy not being able to dance? Serioulsly!

"What about you noona? How did you end up as a trainee?" Taki eagerly questioned, making me let out a small laugh.

"Oh it's a long story," I waved it off to him.

"And we have plenty of time," Heeseung pointed out, "tell us."

"From the beginning?" I questioned him with wide eyes and he just nodded, "okay, so... Sunghoon already knows this, but my family has been part of an European circus for generations, so of course I was as well. In the circus you're practically part of everything, so if we need music it'll be anyone from the circus that is either playing or singing. So after I turned nine I became the vocalist. Then when I turned 14 I began looking into what kind of careers I could get in singing. When I was around... 16 I discovered there was literally a whole industry for people who wanted to be singers, with Korean descent. Then in 2019, I passed the auditions to Cirque du Soleil's Axel show, the touring arena show. So about... a week before beginning to tour I sent in an audition tape to Pledis, and they immediately accepted me. So I contacted the touring team, and told them I would get off in Seoul. Later I agreed with Pledis that once I arrived they would have made sure I have a visa, a place to live and a training schedule ready. So once we flew from Brisbane to Korea I had my last show and then I stayed and moved into my new dorm."

"Wouldn't your parents have wanted to say goodbye to you?" Sunoo questioned and I simply shook my head.

"When my mom found out, she called me... and basically told me to never contact her again and that I wasn't her daughter anymore," I excused to him, making the three boys on the other side of the room just widen their eyes at me.

"Cirque du Soleil is a pretty big thing, isn't it?" Heeseung questioned and I just nodded at him.

"I was the youngest act they ever had," I nodded at him, making him immediately gawk at me.

"You left behind a whole career," he realized.

"Just like Hoon," I nodded in agreement, "except they probably would welcome him back. I've pretty much been blacklisted by now."

"What was your act?" Taki questioned me.

"Uh... for Axel, I was aerial duo act," I replied making him widen his eyes.

"I saw the show!" he exclaimed at me.

"You did?" I frowned and he eagerly nodded, "before or after the aerial duo was removed?"

"Uh... it was removed by then, but I saw it with the solo," he pointed out to me.

"If I had stayed for another show you'd have seen me," I pointed out to him, "we only had one show in Japan after Korea."

"It was really big," Taki commented and I nodded at him.

"We were... 64 artists on the tour, with around 92 staffs," I nodded in agreement, "there's anything from costume designers and make up artists, to our own injury team. It's insane how much goes into a show."

"92 staffs?" Sunoo exclaimed and I nodded at him.

"If you've seen a show you'll realize how many details there is in the costumes, makeup, sets, and safety," I pointed out to him, "it's impressive that they don't need more people actually."

"Wah, I'm tired," Taki commented before yawning and stretching out his arms in front of him.

"Cute," I commented with a small laugh before he looked around to orientate him.

"We probably should go to bed," Heeseung nodded in agreement as I just nodded at him.

"Lets go then," Sunoo stated and stood up along with Heeseung who pulled up Taki as well.

"Night, Jack Frost," I cooed as I got up from his bed, making him look up at me with big eyes, "what?"

"C-can... uhm... can't you stay?" he questioned whilst staring down at his duvet with wide eyes and bright red ears.

"Oh..." I trailed off as my cheeks flamed up as well.

"Lets go kids, this isn't for your innocent eyes," Heeseung commented before leading Taki and Sunoo out of the room.

"But I wan't to watch!" Sunoo loudly complained before the door slammed close.

"Yo-you want me to stay?" I questioned once more, making him quickly nod in return.

"I just... thought maybe you were freezing because you only have one duvet, now that we're not sharing a room," he excused and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Move over," I spoke up making him look up at me with wide eyes and raised eyebrows.

"Wh-what?" he muttered.

"Move over, didn't you want me to stay?" I questioned him with a small laugh.

He immediately nodded before scooting over and I sat down beside him, and threw the duvet over my legs.

"You know... you're a lot more flustered this time," I pointed out to him.

"This time?" he awkwardly laughed and I nodded at him.

"At the training camp, you just suddenly joined me without warning," I nodded and laid down with my back turned to him.

"Oh my god..." he slowly trailed off, "I have to stop being around you when I'm tired."

"Eh... I think it's cute," I shrugged, "you know you waddle when you're tired."

"I what now?" he questioned in a shriek, making me look over at him from my shoulder.

"Gee, calm down. It's not like how I told you that you said you wanted to take me out on a date," I muttered making him widen his eyes at me.

"You're kidding me," he commented with a small smile, to which I just shook my head.

"No... you started with saying I was shivering, and then you went over and back hugged me, then I stopped shivering and you just went "see? All you need is me", after that you went on to say you liked me and that you'd like to take me out on a date sometime," I pointed out to him.

"Ah... I'm always talking nonsense when I'm tired," he waved it off, making me arch a brow at him.

"You said you were always the most honest when you were tired," I pointed out to him making him sigh and drop his head down.

"Does it make things weird?" he questioned, to which I just shrugged.

"I agreed to stay, didn't I?" I questioned him, making him glance over at me and just nod, making his hair swing up and down, "then I'll let you figure out things for youself. Now lay down and get some sleep."

He silently nodded before awkwardly laying down beside me.

"Sunghoon-ah?" I called out, earning a hum in reply, "is it... would it be weird for me to ask you to... hold me? I'm kinda cold."

"Uhm... no. It's alright," he hesitantly replied before turning towards me and wrapping his arm around my waist.

At once my face flushed and I immediately let go of the tension in my body. In a way I melted into his touch as I suddenly relaxed completely.

"Maybe I was right," he commented with a small laugh, "maybe all you need is me."

"I'm not gonna deny that," I just replied in a mutter, before he let out another small laugh, followed by a small kick from his leg, "what? Are you happy now?"

"Shut up," he giggled in return.