An Unexpected Visit · Pt. 5

Y/n POV
It had been a few days since we found out about the news of the dead man in the alleyway. To be honest none of us really thought about it, I mean we didn't know him. The only time we saw him was that one day before me any Kentaro scared him off. So overall it had slipped all of our minds and we didn't talk or think about it since we found out.
I was sitting in the gym as the boys practiced per usual. I would get to school early with Kentaro and since I didn't have any other friends outside of volleyball except like 2 I didn't have anything to do. So instead of waiting in the class with nothing to do, I hang around their practice. The coach doesn't seem to mind much so he let's me stay as long as I don't get in the way and help clean from time to time.
It was about halfway through practice when there was a knock on the gym door, followed by the principal walking in along side a police officer. I wasn't sure why they were there as they walked to the coach and began to speak. Looking around I could see the confusion on the guys faces.
I narrow my eye's a little as I see a flash of something in Iwaizumi's eyes. Almost like... Fear? I'm not sure. He's been a little off but then again it's probably nothing. Just my mind playing tricks on me or something. The coach calls the boys together and they stand in a semi circle. The cop looked around before his eye's met mine and he whispered something to the coach. The coach looked up at me and waved me over.
I got up, visibly confused as I stood by Kentaro.
"Hello, I am detective Hirohito"
wait- detective??
"As you may have heard a man was found dead in an alleyway not too far from here. I'd like to ask a couple of questions."

Iwaizumi POV
Detective? What's a detective doing here!? As we gather around I can't help but feel nervous. I feel eye's on me but I can't focus right now. It's like my head begins spinning. After the tall black haired detective introduces himself he brings up the one subject I feared the most that he'd ask.
Did they find out? Why is he here? Did I screw something up? Will they find out? I can't be taken away from y/n.
"So some witnesses say that the man approached your group at a park is that correct?"
"Yeah, the asshole was trying to flirt with y/n" Kyotani told him, irritation visible on his face. The detective gave him a questioning look before asking further questions. "Who is y/n?" "I-Im right here sir.." she replied looking nervous. Poor y/n...
"Ok did you meet or know this man before he approached you that day?" "No.. He wouldn't leave me alone so I uh- well we got him to leave..." "So I've heard. What is your connection with the boys on the team? I don't believe you play?"
Why is he questioning her? She didn't do anything.
"Uh my cousin is Kentaro *points at Kyotani* and the rest are friends.. I don't have many friends outside of them thay go here so I stay here til class starts.." she told him as she began fiddling with her fingers.
"Ah I see, ok. Did any of you see him again at all between the time of the incident and the time of the following night?"
"Following night? Wasn't he just found like a couple of days ago?" Yahaba asked.
"Yes but the alley he was found in was secluded, so by the time we found him he had already been dead a few days, so did any of you see him?"
Everyone, including me said no. With that the detective left after a few minutes of talking. As he walked out the door, I finally released a breath that I didn't realize I had been holding in.
No finger prints, no evidence, no witnesses. Just the fact we'd been seen talking to him for about 5 minutes. I'd say I did good, with the detectives questions I got lucky not to look suspicious whatsoever.
It was a close call this time.
I look over at y/n who was currently on Makkis back.
Something tells me that won't be the last time I'll have to get my hands dirty...
She seemed to notice my staring as she jumped down and jogged over to me. I was confused when she didn't say anything and instead walked past me. I nearly lost balance at the sudden weight on my back as she jumped onto me. Not that she's heavy, she's actually pretty light, it just caught me by surprise as I blushed a little. I ignored the the suggestive looks from Mattsun and Makki as I regain my balance and placed my hands on her legs for support to make sure she doesn't fall. Because of the questioning we only had about 20 minutes til class so coach just let us be.
With me being a third year and y/n being a first year it's kind of disappointing since we don't have classes together, but seeing her before and after school somewhat makes up for it. Also the fact that compared to the rest of the team, besides Yahaba, I'm one of the few Kyotani trust and listen to. It makes seeing her a whole lot easier for me. If I wanna come over to "hang out" all I have to do is ask and most of the time he let's me. Only issue is if he finds out anything I'll have to deal with him and I'd hate to do that, so I've gotta be careful. Still I can't have him getting in the way if the time comes.
I carry her on my back, her arms hanging over my shoulders, and legs wrapped around my torso from behind. I do my best to pretend not to notice the glare I earn from Kyotani. He glared at Makki too while she was on his back, so I know it's nothing against me personally, but still. Something tells me that he will become an issue later on.
The bell to class rings, interupting my thoughts and I sigh in disappointment as I sat you back down on the floor. Everyone says their goodbyes, well almost everyone except for the ones that have the next class together. I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous as I watch you walk away with Kunimi to your first class together, but ik it's not like you chose to be in the same class, you just happen to be put there. So I guess it's kind of stupid to get jealous over something like that.
I shake my head, mentally scolding myself for getting jealous over the smallest things. I was about to walk away when I saw you link your arm with his and walk faster, attempting to get him from walking so slow. I stiffen up before taking a few deep breaths to get my head together.
Jeez Hajime, get your shit together. She can do what she wants, it's not like you own her or something... But she's mine... Whatever you can't control everything she does, it probably doesn't even mean anything, now stop over thinking and go deal with Shittykawa.
I sigh before walking over to drag Oikawa, who was now standing in front of the gym door talking to his fan girls as if we don't have class in five minutes. Before I have to do anything he notices me and checks the time on his phone before saying a quick bye to the girls and walking over to me. With that, we head to class like usual.
It's the same as everyday. Practice, class, lunch, class, more practice. Only difference about today, was the plans I had in mind. Of course I'm not going through with the plans today, it's still a little too soon. I just get to start with step one today. Then in a few days, if things work out, I'll be able to do what I've been wanting to do for a while now. Like I said though. It's only been about two weeks since I met my little y/n, so I'm planning to give it just a few more days. I look over at Oikawa, who instead of paying attention to class, is reading a few of his recently received fan love letters.
Although I'll never admit it to anyone, especially not him, I used to be jealous of him. I never cared much for relationships. At least that's what I say. I gave up trying after the repeated number of times girls I've dated have admitted to using me to get closer to him. It hurt, I'll admit but I got over it, I always did. It just pissed me off the amount of attention he gets basically for just existing. I know I shouldn't be jealous of my best friend but its not like its something I can control. Besides, since y/n came into my life, I don't really care much about that anymore. I have what I need and she's different, unlike those who squeal over a guy who doesn't even know they exist.
Oikawa is planning to make the first and second years to hang out and talk about what they'll do next year once me and the other third years leave. In other words, y/n will be home alone. Kyotani has made it obvious he doesn't like her being home alone. Therefore he'll probably ask someone to stay with her. Out of the third years who won't be at the "meeting" who would Kyotani trust the most to watch after his younger cousin? Me. And that is when I can finally go through with what I want, hopefully. I'm still respectful enough not to do anything she doesn't want, but still. If I can I will.
First things first though, I need to ask Kyotani if he's going, and hopefully convince him not to take you with him if that's what he plans on doing.
4 days. 4 days til I can finally claim my y/n.
-
-
-
1741 words
Sorry for any mistakes/errors
-
Hey hey hey! I got a tablet for Christmas so I'm attempting to write and publish on it. I'm still getting used to typing on here but here's this chapter.
Also the next chapter of Personal Paradise is published as well :)
Hope you enjoyed, have a good day/night 🖤