New Friends · Pt. 2

Practice eventually ended and (y/n) was ready to get out of there. She kept feeling someones eyes on her but when she would look up everyone was doing there own thing. You were getting ready to leave til Kyotani pulled you back and made you introduce yourself infront of everyone.
He's been trying to get you to talk more and make some friends. The only reason he didn't make you do this before practice was because he was already late. You looked around and noticed someone who wasn't there when you got there. He was also the same guy who threw the volleyball at Oikawas head.
He's kinda hot but a little intimidating...
It's kind of funny when people are surprised to see you think others are intimidating because your related to Kyotani, who himself was pretty intimidating. But he was related to you so that was different.
You locked eye contact with the third year and quickly looked away.
"Uh.. H-hi I'm (y/n), a first year and Im in s-soccer.." You said hoping it was enough but still mentally face palming at your stupid stuttering giving away your awkwardness.
One by one they introduced themselves until the last two. Oikawa took your hand and began his introduction with a smile "yaho~ I'm Toru Oikawa, but you should already know who I am-" he said before you cut him off "I am?" "Well yeah- anywayss I didn't know mad dog-chan had such a cute cousin~" he said trying to be flirty, however that stuff doesn't work on you. "Mad dog-chan?" You asked, ignoring the compliment. You didn't wanna cone off rude or salty but you knew guys like him and you preferred not to get involved with them.
"It's just a stupid nickname, he gives them to a lot of people" Kyotani told you. "Ohh well I do too sometimes, you have one too." You said looking at Kyotani who just raised an eyebrow. "It's underdeveloped Chihuahua" you said with a smirk as his team tried to hold back their laughter. He grabbed a volleyball and chased you around, you were faster so it wasn't hard to get away.
He was stopped by the black haired number 4 that you made eye contact with earlier.
"Hey, stop Kyotani" he called out. "Sorry" was all Kyotani said as you and him walked back to the group. "Wow, you got Kentaro to apologize!? Teach me your ways!" You said jumping infront of Iwaizumi. "Shut up!" Kyotani said pulling you back. "Yeah yeah" "anyways I'm Iwaizumi Hajime" he said. "I'll keep that in mind, its not everyday someone manages to get Kentaro to shut up!" You said with a smile.
After a while of talking you began to open up some more. To your surprise they were pretty easy for you to talk to. Maybe because Kyotani was there but you weren't sure. Talking to them in a group was easier than talking to people one on one. You talked to all of them a bit, but for some reason the one who talked to you the least was Iwaizumi. You figured he just didn't talk much. However he had a different reason.

His eyes were drawn to the first year but he wasn't sure why. You obviously weren't apart of Oikawas pack of simps so that was good. She was shy and awkward but she also had attitude, in a funny way though not exactly like Kyotani. It was funny to see little insults and snarky comments come from a shy girl like her but then again, she was related to Kyotani so it wasn't a surprise.
You seemed to adjust to the guys easily. Talking to them was easy for you.
Iwaizumi wanted to talk to you but wasn't sure what to say. You had caught his attention and he didn't know why.
She's cute.. Doesn't seem to be an Oikawa fan like the rest. But then again who knows. but shes probably not. Hopefully not... Why do i care!? She could just be like the others..
Iwaizumi didn't exactly have the best luck with relationships. He'd get confessions sometimes, but him being the best friend of the Oikawa Toru, they were mostly just girls using him to get closer to Oikawa. The few who weren't just using him for that didn't really catch his interest.
He was lost in thought he didn't realize the girl trying to get his attention. "Uh I-Iwaizumi-senpai?"
"Huh?" "Oh sorry you were spacing out" you said. "Oh sorry. I'm alright." He tried to hide the small tint of blush on his face, which didn't go unnoticed by Oikawa who already had plans to tease him about it. At this point all the guys were planning to hang out this weekend.
"Do I have to go?" You complained, just wanting to just sleep in and watch anime all weekend.
"If I have to, so do you" Kyotani told you. "But whyy. I'm old enough to stay home alone"
"I don't wanna come home to the house on fire because of your dumbass!"
"That was one time! And it was just a small fire in the kitchen.." You mumbled the last sentence.
After some back and forth arguing he won again, and your plans of doing nothing were ruined.
"Maybe if you'd get your ass out of the house and make some friends I wouldn't have to take you with me"
Geez you didn't have to call me out in front of your friends like that but ok.
"Whatever.."

The Next Day
"Hey get up-"
He walked in and you weren't there. He sighed as he walked over to the closet and opened it to reveal you hiding in your spot.
It was a bigger closet than you needed so your clothes were on one side while the other half had a blanket on the floor with a lamp and books organized. It was like your little comfort space.
"Come on"
"Ughh fineee"
He left the room as you got ready. After you guys left to meet up at the park with the rest of the guys with Kyotani. Although you had gotten to know them yesterday you still felt a little awkward, probably because you didn't want to feel like you were intruding or in the way.
The two of you arrived to see Kindaichi, Kunimi, Iwaizumi, Oikawa, Makki, and Mattsun already there. Apparently the others weren't able to come. "Yaho~ over here mad dog-chan and (n/n)-chan!" (n/n = nickname). A nickname already? You thought as the two of you walked to the group.
You could tell Kyotani didn't wanna be there much more than you did, but he was kind of forced to come and figured he'd drag you along with him.
"Hey guys" you said giving them a small smile.
The next few hours you all hung out at the park and went to a nearby cafe. You got to know them more, and became friends with the team. You were comfortable with them now after spending the day with them.
You were spaced out while walking and didn't notice the rock right infront of you. You tripped on it and closed your eyes quickly expecting to feel the impact of hitting the ground, but instead you felt two arms wrap around your waist keeping you from falling. The whole group was infront of you so you weren't sure who it could've been. You slowly opened an eye to see Iwaizumi as he held you up right. "You ok?" "Y-yeah thanks" you blushed slightly realizing his arms still around your waist. "Oh uh sorry, watch where you walk tho" he said letting go of you and walked ahead to the group, hiding the blush on his face.
Fuck. Why'd I catch her like that? I could've just grabbed her arm or something. It felt kinda nice tho- wtf stop Iwaizumi.
Omfg that just happened hdkdgjxbc get yourself together (y/n) he just did that to make sure you didn't fall. But I kind of liked it.. Omg don't be such a simp
You shook your head before you continued to walk with the group.
After a while they started leaving. Iwaizumi was about to leave til Kyotani reminded him something. "Iwaizumi are you still wanting to come over and hang out?" Kyotani asked. Apparently they had made plans for Iwaizumi to spend the night at Kyotani's and hang out. You didn't know about that though.
"Huh? Oh right, yeah let's go"
"W-wait what?" You asked
"He's spending the night"
"Oh alright" you blushed a little. You might've developed a tiny crush on the 3rd year but tried to ignore it, after all you did only meet him yesterday.
You got home and went to your room while the two guys sat on the couch and played some video games. It wasn't long after laying down that you drifted to sleep.

After about two hours of playing games and talking Kyotani showed Iwaizumi where he would sleep and then went to his own room falling asleep not to long after.
Iwaizumi tried to sleep but something kept him awake. He wasn't sure what though. He was tired but a thought lingered telling him to get up. After a while of laying in bed he got up and walked to the restroom. While heading back to the room he was staying in he came across a room he hadn't been in before. Out of curiosity and his thoughts telling him to check he opened the door to see you cuddled with a stuffed animal sleeping soundly in bed. He blushed slightly and stepped in trying not to wake you. He wasn't sure what he was doing but he stood as he looked around the room with led lights and anime posters along with a bookshelf of mangas and comics.
You didn't live there but you stayed over a lot while your parents were gone so Kyotanis parents let you decorate the room how you wanted since it was basically your 2nd home.
He looked back over to the smaller 1st year still sleeping. Blushing at the sight. You were snuggled under the blanket cuddling a stuffed bear wearing just an oversized hoodie.
Just one won't hurt right..? He thought as he pulled out his phone and snapped a quick picture before walking out of the room back to his own. He wasn't completely sure why but after seeing you he felt better and drifted to sleep bit too long after.
-
-
-
1767 words, sorry for any mistakes/errors
-
Have a good day 🖤