A Text · Pt. 17

"Didn't Kyotani and your aunt tell you not to talk to the detective anymore?" Iwaizumi asks, breaking the silence of our walk back to my place. I almost stop walking at the question, but Iwaizumi continues to walk, his hand still holding on to mine.

"Yeah... I didn't realize he'd be there. We weren't talking about it." I mumble. I don't want Iwaizumi to know that we were talking about the case. He'll only try to stop me from investigating on my own. I doubt he believes me either.

"What were you talking about then?" His grip on my hand tightens slightly. "He was just checking up on me. Wanted to make sure I've been taking care of myself since I found out..." I lie. I feel bad for lying to Iwaizumi, but I don't know what else to tell him.

It's quiet again for a moment until his grip tightens more. I wince a bit as he speaks. "I don't think it's a good idea. Talking to the detective. Something is off about him." He states, not even looking back at me. His tone is hard and serious. 

I think detective Hirohito is good. He's been a bit helpful today, but I don't have the confidence to say that out loud. I know Iwaizumi is just trying to look out for me. That's what boyfriends do, right?

I don't say anything. I just nod, looking at the ground as he glances back at me. I hear him sigh as his grip loosens and we begin to slow down. "We're here." He mutters, causing me to look up. He doesn't let go of my hand as he leads me into the house and we enter my room. I let him stay since I could use the company right now, and he looks like he could too.

We lay in my bed, him on his side, arms wrapped protectively around me. I lay there holding my arms close to me as I fidget my fingers. After a quiet minute or two I wrap my own arms around his torso and look up at him, slightly teary eyed. "I'm sorry" I mumble and his eyes soften.

He pulls me closer as he hushes me, whispering sweet little nothings in my ear and against my neck with a few light kisses. Eventually he stops as we lay in silence.

My phone buzzes from the nightstand a few minutes later. I look up to see Iwaizumi asleep. He looks like he was tired. I kiss his forehead lightly as I whisper "sleep well, Zumi." to him before slipping from his arms subtly. I look to confirm he's still asleep.

"Who would be texting me right now?" I mutter as I grab my phone from my nightstand and open my phone. It's a text from Oikawa??

It confuses me for a moment til I read it.

O: Hey N/n! I'm sorry about the other day, when you thought we didn't believe you. I don't think Mad dog-chan or Iwa-chan seem to believe it, or at least don't want to... Just want to let you know I believe you! Just make sure your taking care of yourself - your favorite captain 😋

My eyes light up. Someone besides the detective believes me. A wave of relief washes over me to know I'm not the only one who thinks the situation with Hinata and Kageyama isn't what it seems.

Still, I already know Kentaro doesn't believe it. Him and aunty think I'm in denial. Though I'm not sure what Iwaizumi believes to be honest.

"Who is it?" I hear a voice ask as I turn to see Iwaizumi looking at me, still laying down. I sigh. "Oh, Oikawa just texted me to see how I was" I explain tiredly as I begin to type out a reply. I'm stopped however mid text as Iwaizumi reaches over, putting his hand over mine, pushing my phone away.

"Zumi?" I mumble, looking at him confused. "Don't reply right now.. Just lay down." He says, tone making it seem like more of an order than an option. I hesitate as I turn my phone screen off, setting it down before I lay next to him once again.

His arms wrap around me, his grip tight as if I'll disappear if he let's go. "Can you promise not to leave me?" He mutters as he twirls a strand of my hair with his fingers. My eyes go up and meet his.

"O-ok" I say quietly. His grip tightens slightly. "Bunny, promise.." He says, stopping as his eye stare daggers into my own. "I-I promise" I tell him, somewhat cowering down. Seemingly satisfied, his grip on me loosens and he seems to relax.

"Good girl" he whispers so quietly I'm almost unable to hear it. A small blush slightly tints my cheeks as I lean my head, resting it against his chest. I fall asleep quickly as I count each time his chest rises and falls with his breathing as he combs his hand through my hair. 

3rd POV
Iwaizumi sighs upon realizing you've fallen asleep, pulling his hand from your hair. For a moment he doesn't do anything as he stares, studying your sleeping figure in his arms. His fingers brush lightly back and forth over your hips and waist as he remains silent, admiring your features.

He stops at the sound of your bedroom door being cracked open. He doesn't bother looking up as he begins to speak. "I thought I told you to stay out while I'm here." He states, shifting his gaze to glare at the boy standing in the doorway.

Kyotani glares at Iwaizumi, scoffing, but leaves the room, closing the door behind him reluctantly.

He chuckles lightly before turning his gaze to look at you once again. His smile fades as he glances at your phone. He's hesitant to grab it, but does anyways. It doesn't take much to unlock it since it can be unlocked with your fingerprint, and you're asleep right in front of him.

Once he's unlocked it the first thing that shows up it the text from Oikawa. Reading over it his grip on the phone tightens. He glares slightly at your sleeping self for lying to him about the text before looking back at the phone.

Questions fill his head.
What the hell is Oikawa trying to play at?

-

Sorry this chapter is short 😅
🖤