Panic · Pt. 11

*unedited; please don't mind any mistakes/errors*

Y/n's POV
My head hurts and my throat feels hoarse as I wake up. My eyes also burn. I sit up and rub my eye's and I almost have to stop myself from crying again as I remember the Hinata situation. I do tear up a bit though.

I manage to get up and drag myself to the bathroom. My eye's look swollen and red, I guess I cried myself to sleep. I splash water on my face before zoning out and staring into space. A knock on the door brings back my attention and I slowly walk to open the door. "Huh?" I mumble out seeing Kentaro standing in the other side. "You okay?" Is all he asks. He's trying to hide the fact he's worried, which makes me want to smile, but I can't right now.

I just shrug as I turn back around to brush my teeth. My hand is slightly shaky as I reach out for my toothbrush but I ignore it. "Y/n..." Kentaro trails off. I can see the worry and confusion, emotions he usually never lets show. He doesn't know what to say. I wish I could help him, laugh at him or something, just not now. I brush my teeth quickly before dropping the toothbrush on the side of the sink carelessly.

Dragging myself back to my bed, I rub my eyes tiredly and lay down, turning away from my poor cousin unsure of what to do. He never was good at comforting people. I hear a quiet grunt and my bedroom door close hesitantly as he leaves. Right, I have school today. I hear muffled voices from the other room before different footsteps approach my door.

There's a pause in between the sound of footsteps stopping, and a light knocking. I don't say anything, so the person welcomes themselves in. "Y/n? How are you hun?" The person says. I recognize that voice. Reluctantly I turn over to see my aunt, Kentaros mom standing at the doorway.

"I'm okay" I mumble right before yawning. I don't like worrying her. "Kentaro told me what happened. You don't need to be okay about this. I known it's tough" she explains as she walks towards me and sets a glass of water on my nightstand. I look over at my wall with the picture of Hinata, Kageyama, and I. Pushing myself from my bed I stumble over to take it down from the wall.

I stare at it for a good minute or two before stumbling back to my bed and laying back down, picture still in hand.  My aunt sighs and leans down to lay her hand on mine. "You'll be okay. I've called the school and explained that you'll be out for the week. Rest done, take your time. Just don't spend the week laying there. Get out, do something. If you need help I'm here. So if your uncle and even Kentato, even though he may not show it." She explains.

I smile a bit and nod. She returns the smile before leaving, door left cracked open as she exits.

Checking my phone I realize it's only morning, 8:30 a.m. I toss it to the side, it doesn't matter.
I look at the picture once more and see Hinatas bright smile. There's no way he's kill himself. The police are investigating it as a murder too. I have to keep my hand from curling into a fist and ruining the picture at the thought. I'm not sure when but I end up falling asleep, holding the picture close to my chest.

I think I hear a knock from somewhere, but it slips my mind as I ignore it and fall deeper into my sad sleep. I wake up half way what feels like hours later. My mind is drowsy of sleep and I can't focus on anything as my eyelids flicker while I struggle to open them. I here the mumbles of someone talking, but the sleep pours in again before I can make out what they are saying. Though I could be wrong, I think the last word I heard before drifting off was "... mine.". After I feel a light sting on the back of my leg, like a needle, however it's not enough to wake me.

When I awaken it's still light out as the Sun light shines annoyingly through the window, interrupting my sleep. As I get up to close the blinds I realize I no longer have the picture in my hands. Panicking, I search under my blankets and pillows hoping to find it somewhere. I manage to find it laying, tossed onto my nightstand. I guess someone must have put it there. At least I didn't have to worry about ruining it from moving in my sleep.

I sigh, leaving it there as I close the blinds and curtain before laying back down and closing my eyes. I try, however I can't get myself to fall back asleep, despite the heaviness of my eyelids from the crying. I turn to lay on my back but jolt up and yelp from a pain at the back of my upper thigh. Now that my tiredness has worn off, I can really feel it. It stings and burns a lot the more I focus on it.

I reach to touch the spot but notice a band air there that I somehow didn't feel before. I jog to my bathroom and turn to see it in the body length mirror. Pealing off the bandaid gently, my eyes widen at what's underneath. A heart. Not like a birthmark, or a tattoo, or a shaped bruise. There's blood. It's a cut, like someone took a blade and carved a heart into my skin. It's not too deep, but it's enough to bleed and hurt.

That's the least of my concern however. I have no clue how it got there. I grab my phone and take a picture of it to zoom in and better see it. As I look I notice something else. There's a small dot of blood at the center, not from the cut though. A needle? My concern, fear, and confusion grow and I start to panic. Breathing gets a bit harder and I feel some tears start to swell.

I go to open the door but stop. My first instinct is to slam it open and run to my aunt and show her in tears. I can't do that though. I mean, I can, but my friend just died. No one would believe me, they'd just think I did it to myself. "Fuck, fuck, fuck" I mumble as I rush to the sink. I grab a clean washrag and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide from the cabinet, along with a couple of bandaids and q-tips.

I turn on the sink and wet the rag before dabbing it on my leg to clean off the blood. It hurts a bit but not too much to make me stop. I grab the hydrogen peroxide and pour a bit on the q-tip before dabbing it on. It's hurts, but at least I didn't use alcohol. I wait a minute for the stinging to go down before putting the bandaids over it like an x.

Hopefully it'll heal soon. For now I'll just have to deal with it best I can, and I need to watch out. I walk to my room to check my window. It's unlocked. I feel my heart pounding but I try my best to stay calm. I lock it immediately then leave my room asap. No one appears to be home at the moment. Kentaro has school and aunt and uncle have work.

I go through the house to make sure no one is there, also double checking that all the windows are shut and locked. I lock both front and back doors as well, then turn on any unnecessary lights, except a few.

It'll be okay... I hope.
-
-
-
🖤