Sleep comes easy · Pt. 14

*Unedited; please don't mind any mistakes/errors*
Lol y'all aren't going to be too happy with this chapter. Good luck 😀

Y/n's POV
My head hurts as I head back to my room with the help of Kentaro. Iwaizumi and Oikawa had to leave. My eyes burn and my head feels like it's about to explode. I haven't eaten but I don't, I feel like I'll just throw it back up if I do now, I wouldn't want to trouble Kentato any more then I already have.

As I get into bed he makes sure I'm alright before going to his own room, leaving my bedroom door cracked open. I feel bad for worrying everyone like this, but tomorrow I'm hoping to just suck it up and take care of myself. For now though, I just wanna cry myself to sleep and hope this is all a bad dream.

Iwaizumis POV
Oikawa and I walk home in an uncomfortable silence, which is unusual. "You okay Shittykawa?" I ask, breaking the silence and he looks at me dumbfounded. "Iwa-chan. Chibi chan is dead, Tobio is missing, probably also dead, and Y/n is losing it. What's there to be okay about??" Oikawa asks me looking genuinely concerned and confused. "Hey, watch it." I warn with a slight glare, which he responds with a scoff.

I sigh and we stop walking. "I'm sure Tobio is fine, he's a tuff kid, he'll be okay. Y/n just needs some time, she's just upset right now. As far as Hinata, I don't know." I admit as I rub my eyes tiredly. I've barely been able to sleep, but I have to give Oikawa some reassurance. It's the least I can do.

He groans and combs his hand through his hair, making it look messy before sighing. "I guess you're right." He mumbles and we begin walking again. The rest of the walk is quiet besides our goodbyes and see you laters as we separate and go our own ways. The walk to my own house is quiet, leaving me with just my thoughts to listen to.

After what feels like a forever walk, I arrive at my house, not wasting any time to go to my room and fall onto my bed. I try letting sleep wash over me but I can't. I'm tired as hell, but I can't fall asleep. I groan in annoyance as I stand and walk to my desk, pulling out my phone. I probably have about 10 pages of homework to work on right now. I don't care.

I pull up my photos and find one of Y/n. I stare blankly at it as I wonder what to do. Shit is getting messy and that detective seems to be getting a bit too nosey. Not much I can do about that though. I can't let him find out too much. Honestly, I feel bad for overwhelming my bunny like this, but it's bound to happen one way or another. It's okay, I'll be there to help support her. She just needs time, she'll understand eventually.

I'm going to have to find a way to get the idea of Hinatas death off her mind. I can't have people thinking of it as anything but a suicide. Especially not her. Fuck. I've dug myself into a pretty complicated hole, but that's fine if it's for her. I set my phone down, leaving the screen on as I look through my school work for some type of distraction. I've been falling behind lately and need to catch up. It doesn't really matter honestly but I'm not letting Shittykawa pass me up in grades too.

After about an hour or two I manage to get half of it done. I don't get why they make the work more complicated than it needs to be. My parents should be home by now, but for some reason they aren't. I check my phone and notice a text from my dad.
Dad: Sorry Hajime, we won't be home til tomorrow. They are making me work nightshift and your mom is visiting a friend. Feel free to order some food, just don't go overboard.

I groan and lean back in my chair as I close my eyes for a minute. I tap my foot fidgeting and let my arms hang from the sides of my seat.
Don't do it.
I have no other choice.
I practically jump from my seat and change quickly into some clothes I don't wear anymore before jogging to the basement door. I probably pace in front of it hesitantly for about ten minutes before I even touch the door nob.

No one ever goes down here. There was a water leak that caused it to mold and we never got the chance to get it fixed. Not to mention the rats that like to hide, we can't get an exterminator here because of the mold either. I walk down the steps slowly as I'm careful not to fall in the dim lighting. I slip on a mask. I'm not supposed to be down here but on the very rare occasion that I have to for anything, my dad has made a rule that I have to wear one.

He's not here, so I don't have to, but I want to block out that bad smell. As I reach the bottom step I slow down and take a few breaths before I continue. I approach him. Kageyama tied to a chair with a cloth in his mouth to keep him from making any noise. He's asleep right now, or passed out. It's one or the other. I grab a nearby rag and dunk it in a water bucket before squeezing it above his head, making him wake up from the cold water.

He looks scared, and angry. Mayne it's just confusion. I can't really tell. "Look Tobio, it's nothing personal." I reassure as I walk to a table out of his view and set the rag down before grabbing something else. "Honestly, I didn't want to do this. I wasn't going to, but I don't know what else to do with you. I mean I'm not going to take care of you and you certainly aren't being cut lose." I explain and scoff at the last part.

I hear as he struggles and his muffled yells through the cloth. "If it makes you feel any better, Shittykawa is worried about you. So is Y/n." my tone is bitter at the last sentence. She shouldn't be. I approach him once again, this time standing right in front of him. He has a bruise on the side of his face, his eye bags are dark, and his hair is messy. Kageyama Tobio aka King of tbe court. Setter at Karasuno and past Kohai of Oikawa and I.

I sigh. "I'm sorry, Tobio." I say before walking behind him quickly, not giving him any time to think as I hold the sharpened knife up. I close my eyes and look the opposite way as I slit his throat with one swift movement. I hear as the blood splatters and I'm glad I placed a tarp on the ground ahead of time.

When the gurgling sound stops, I open my eyes. My hands are soaked in blood and some got on my shirt. I take it off and toss it onto the bloody tarp, both of which I'm getting rid of. I toss the knife back onto the table. As tired as I am, I can't just go to sleep like this. It takes about three hours to remove the tarp, clean all the blood off the floor, Kageyama, and I. He wouldn't stop bleeding so I got a seeing kit to sew the throat slit shut, then just put duct tape over it.

Seems dumb but it works. I leave his body there til I figure out what to do with it. I should have a few days before it starts to smell. After leaving the basement and double checking that I lock it back, I shower then jump into bed. I don't bother eating, don't think I want to right now. My school work remains scattered on my desk, backpack still just tossed onto the floor but I don't care right now.

Suddenly sleep comes easy.

-

🖤