Detective Hirohito · Pt. 13

*unedited; please don't mind any mistakes/errors*

Y/n's POV
We lay still and silent for what feels like forever, but we stay awake, or at least I do. I can hear his light snores after about an hour. I turn to get comfortable and face him, confirming that he is asleep. I smile softly and yawn, maybe the sleep is finally kicking in. I snake my arms under his and wrap mine around him, hugging myself closer to him.

I see something from the corner of my eyes as I go to close them that catches my attention. Something in Iwaizumi's pocket sticking out, it's something metal. I look at Iwaizumis face just to make sure hes asleep. Curious I reach towards it, falling asleep with something metal in your pocket is probably uncomfortable.

As I go to reach it I yelp in surprise as a hand wraps itself around my wrist. I look up and my eyes meet Iwaizumis now opened ones. His eyes seem to narrow a bit before they go back to normal and he smiles lightly. "Hey bunny, you okay?" He asks, letting go of my wrist and intertwining his hand with mine, pushing our hands in between our chests.

I was about to say something til I'm interrupted by a shriek from the kitchen. It sounds like Oikawa. Iwaizumi sighs as he sits up, pushing the metal thing further into his pocket. I sit up too and we both stand. I stumble a bit but Iwaizumi helps me keep from falling over.

We walk to the kitchen hand in hand so that he can better catch me if I stumble again, which I do a few times. When we get there Kentaro is glaring daggers at Oikawa as Oikawa nervously laughs and holds his arms up defensively. He's the first to notice us walk in. "Iwa chan, N/n, Mad dogs gone mad" he whines and Kentaro scoffs. I chuckle a bit. "Calm down Kentaro" I tell him as I walk to get a bottle of water.

"I'm not even going to ask, you probably had it coming." Iwaizumi states, gesturing to Oikawa who just looks at him offended. There's a knock at the door as I sip my water. I stand to get it but am stopped. "Sit. I'll get it" Kentaro tells me as he walks out and goes to open the door. Iwaizumi and Oikawa both take a seat at the table besides me as we wait.

I hear the door open, followed by talking. What catches me off guard is the sudden irritation in Kentaros voice as he talks to the person at the door. I sigh, "I'll be right back" I tell the two guys as I leave and approach the door. He's holding it half open as if he's ready to slam the door at any moment. "No, you can't talk to her right now." I hear Kentaro say. "Talk to who?" I ask, catching his attention as I approach the door and move his arm to see who's there.

"Oh" I mumble seeing the Detective from before. "Hello Y/n. I know it's short notice, but if it's alright with you I'd like to ask you a few things. Of course, you don't have to, or if you'd like to wait for your parent or guardian, that's fine." He explains, not wasting much time. I take a moment to think about it, it's probably about Hinata. Kentaro is about to tell them off when I interrupt. "That's fine." I say as I look at him.

Kentaro gives me a look but I ignore it as I welcome the detective in and lead him to the kitchen. He follows behind as I walk to my seat and grab my glass of water. He notices Iwaizumi and Oikawa immediately. "Ah, sorry I didn't know you had guests over. You two if I recall are from Aoba Johsai, the volleyball team, correct?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, why are you here?" Iwaizumi says in a somewhat defensive tone.

"Don't be so on guard, I just need to ask Y/n a few quick questions then I'll be on my way." He explains. "Ahh are you sure that's okay N/n?" Oikawa asks somewhat concerned. I sigh "I'll be fine, but thanks" I say giving him and Iwaizumi a reassuring smile. "Oh also, I'd like to speak with her alone if that's okay." He adds. Before Iwaizumi can detest I stop him, placing my hand on his. "It's okay Zumi, it'll be quick." I say and smile at him.

He sighs before shooting a quick, barely noticable glare at the detective. Him, Kentaro, and Oikawa all exit, leaving Detective Hirohito and I alone. "So is he your boyfriend?" He asks curiously and I nod. "I see. Iwaizumi Hajime, correct?" He asks and I mumble a "yeah" as he pulls out a notepad and pen before writing something down.

"Have you been okay? You don't look so well." He asks as he looks up at me. My eye bags are dark and my eyes are a bit swollen and red. I haven't eaten anything either. "Well my friend just died, so what do you think." I say sarcastically, just wanting to get this over with. He smiles "Right, my condolences. How long did you know Hinata, Shoyo?" He asks. "Since middle school. He was one of my few friends" I tell him and he nods before writing something down.

"Do you know if he had anything going on? Maybe at home or school. Anything that would have maybe provoked his death." "No. The only thing I know of that's ever upset him was losing a volleyball game or his friends not wanting to practice with him." I explain.

"Alright. Do you know if he had any enemies? Anyone who may have disliked him or wanted to hurt him?" He questions and I look at him shocked. "What? No. He only had opponents from other teams, but even they almost always ended up being friends with him." I say defensively, Hinata never made any enemies, not that I know of.

He nods and writes something else down. I take another drink of water as I wait. He looks at me and smiles again. "What about his other teammate, Kageyama, Tobio? They were friends, yes?" He asks and I nod. "Did you know Kageyama very well?" "Yeah a few times with Hinata- wait, did?" I ask. Why is he speaking of him in past tense?

He sighs sympathetically. "It seems you haven't been made aware. Kageyama went missing yesterday. None of his belongings were missing, however he did text his mother and sister yelling the goodbye. We haven't been able to find him, or a body. However it's safe to assume he had other plans in mind than just running away." He explains as he sets his pen down and clasps his hands together.

My mouth gapes open and my eyes widen. I didn't know Kageyama as well as I knew Hinata, but I still consider him a friend. "Oh..." Is all I manage to get out as I put my hand over my mouth in shock. "I'm sorry. I should leave now, but I will be back another time if that's alright?" He says. I don't pay much attention to anything he said, but I nod anyways and he leaves. "Take care." He says.

I stare blankly at the table not moving as my hand remains covering my mouth. I think I feel a tear or two fall, I don't know. I jump as someone lays their hand on my shoulder and I look to see Iwaizumi, Oikawa, and Kentaro standing next to me now. "Y/n?" Iwaizumi says. "Hinata is dead, and now Kageyama is missing, probably dead too." I say, not blinking in shock. Oikawas face changes to one of concern and surprise. Iwaizumi and Kentaro both look concerned too.

I don't move an inch as Iwaizumi wraps his arms around me for comfort and Kentaro sets his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to help. It doesn't do much, but I appreciate the effort. I feel bad now, Oikawa and Iwaizumi have known Kageyama much longer than I have, yet here they are comforting me. I can't move though. I can't bring myself to do anything at the moment but sit here and allow my mind to scatter.

It cant get any worse than this, can it?

-

🖤