Indication · Pt. 16

I could get around with out many people noticing my presence.
Maybe now, it'll be useful.

I nod slowly, trying to hide any hint of my idea. Detective Hirohito is smart though. His eyes narrow and he seems to be thinking for a moment before he clears his throat. "Anything we found on your friend, Hinata, would be in the evidence room. We haven't exactly been able to find much though. As for Kageyama, his parents have been staying with his sister while they look for him." He says with a sigh before glancing up at me.

He's... Helping me?
I try to keep my eyes from widening as I give a slight yet determined nod and a waitress comes to our table. Our talking goes quiet til we order and the waitress leaves. She comes back a fee minutes later with my water and his coffee.

He takes a sip before looking up at me and asking "How is your boyfriend?". I raise my eyebrow at the question. Why would he be asking about Iwaizumi? The detective smiles. "We looked through Kageyamas phone records to see if he'd called anyone before he dissapeared. Iwaizumi was in his contacts." He explains like some kind of mind reader.

"Oh.. I forgot. They knew each other since middle school." I say and he nods. "How has he been since he disappeared? Knowing Kageyama for that long, I'm sure he's upset." He states and my eyes widen.

"Oh my god.." I smack myself mentally. Of course he would be. Yet here I've been to upset and focused on things going wrong in my life instead of even wondering if he's okay. "Something wrong?" The detective asks, interrupting me mentally scolding myself.

"Yeah I just uh... I haven't really noticed." I mumble embarrassed. "I was just kind of focused on myself and didn't bother seeing how he's been" I say, rubbing my temples.

"Ah. I understand. Don't beat yourself up too much kid. You can check on him once you get home, or if you'd like, you can speak with him now." He says, glancing at my phone on the table. I look at it, noticing it's lit up with a call from Iwaizumi, but it's not ringing. I forgot my phone was on silent.

Quickly, I pick up the phone and answer.
"Hello?"

"Bunny! I just stopped by your house since I got early. Kyotani asked me to check up on you. Where are you?" He asks, concern lining his voice.

"O-oh, sorry Zumi. I just went on a walk. I haven't really done much so uh, I just figured I'd get out for a few minutes." I explain. Of course, it's a lie, but still.
I hear him sigh, relieved as his footsteps slow down a bit in the background.

"Where are you now? I'll meet you and walk you back home, alright?" I can hear as his footsteps start to speed up again, just a bit.

"It's okay.. You don't have to." I tell him, glancing up at the detective who is drinking his coffee. He looks like he isn't listening, but he is. I don't mind, but I'm not sure why he feels like he needs to seem as if he isn't.

"Y/n where are you?" He asks. It sounds more like a demand for an answer. That bothers me a bit, but I can't blame him. His friend is missing and I haven't exactly been reliable or anything lately. I sigh before rubbing my eyes.

"I stopped by a cafe. I'll text you the address."

"Okay. Just stay there and I'll get there when I can." He hangs up before I can answer. He sounded kind of stressed.

I text him the address quickly before setting my phone down and combing my hand through my hair. "He's coming here to meet me. My cousin asked him to check on me and I wasn't home." I explain. A small smile creeps up onto my face, but it fades from the lingering previous guilt.

I look at the detective who just smiles and nods. "We'll then, we should finish til he gets here." He says as the waitress sets our plates down. I nod. Despite the fact I haven't eaten in a few days now (except a few bites maybe), I only ordered a little bit.

It's not long before I hear the bell ring from the door being opened and I turn to see Iwaizumi standing there, scanning the room. He notices me after I turn and wave him over, almost forgetting about the detective. Iwaizumi sees me and seems to freeze for a moment before reluctantly approaching me.

"Bunny, you alright?" He says as he crouches besides me, glancing slightly at the detective. "Yeah, I'm okay. I came here and ran into the detective. I figured I could get the questioning over with. Are you okay? You're shaking..." I say as I look down and grab his hand. His hands are a bit shaky.

He pulls his hand out of mine. "Yeah sorry. I ran here and I'm a bit dehydrated." He explains, giving a slight smile. "Oh? Would you like a glass of water. You can join Y/n and I. I'm paying." The detective offers. Iwaizumi shakes his head. "No I think we should leave now."

"But you ran all the way here, I'm sure you're tired." The detective pushes on, smiling his usual, friendly smile. I look up so my eyes meet Iwaizumis, but they don't. He's looking at the detective. The detective is still smiling, Iwaizumi on the other hand doesn't seem too happy as they hold eye contact for a moment. The vibe is tense.

Finally Iwaizumi sighs. "Fine. Only for a few minutes. I don't need Shittykawa calling me wondering where I am." He says. I slide over a seat and he sits at the one I was just at.

Something about the aura right now doesn't feel right. It's making me nervous. "Are you okay Y/n?" The detective asks and I nod. "Just a bit tired." I mumble as I take a sip of my drink. The waitress comes back and detective Hirohito orders a glass of water for Iwaizumi.

We sit in silence for a few minutes til the waiter brings the water. "So Iwaizumi, how have you been? I understand you and Kageyama were friends. I'm sure you must be upset." Detective Hirohito questions as Iwaizumi sips on his water. Iwaizumi shrugs. "I know him from middle school, but we were never really close friends or anything. I was just his senpai." He explains and the detective nods. "I see."

"We should go... Kentaro will be out of school soon." I frown as I check the time on my phone. I don't want him to know I ran off to talk to the detective. He nods understanding and smiles. "Alright then. Take care of yourself Y/n. We'll figure it out eventually. Until then be careful." He reassures as Iwaizumi takes my hand, pulling me behind him as we walk.

I give a small smile and nod. I don't know Detective Hirohito well, but I feel confident I can rely on him. Besides, he seems to be one of the only few people who agree with my thoughts on the situation.

Iwaizumis hand keeps a tight grip on mine as we walk out of the cafe and begin walking. I stay quiet. Something is wrong. Finally after a few minutes I mumble a concerned "Are you okay...?". He stops walking before looking at me. His gaze is hard and somewhat scary, but then it softens and he pulls me into a hug.

"I'm alright Bunny. Just been a bit frustrated lately, that's it. Are you okay?" He asks holding my chin and lifting my head so that my eyes meet his. His eye bags are slightly darker and more noticable than before. His somewhat spikey hair is also a bit more messy than usual too.

"I'm working on it" I whisper quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. He nods before giving me a kiss, then grabbing my hand as we continue walking once again.

My eyebrows furrow and my grip tightens in our hands as I look up at Iwaizumi. My boyfriend, but now I'm starting to realize how little I actually know.
Why can't you just talk to me? What's wrong...? I'm your girlfriend aren't I? Just let me help you, if you aren't okay just say so...

-

🖤