Incident after Incident · Pt. 18

Time skip to 3 months later

I lay my head on my desk as I sigh tiredly. It's been a couple of months now and there's still nothing. The police have let each case slide as what it looks like on the outside and haven't bothered to look into any of it.

I sit up as I look through the papers Detective Hirohito managed to get me.

COD - Cause of Death
Hinata, Shoyo
COD: Suicide

Kageyama, Tobio
Missing, runaway, resumed dead

Kunimi, Akira
COD: Car Accident

Kentaro, Kyotani
Hospitalized, multiple broken ribs & fractured wrist

4 incidents with 4 people I know. Only issue is that the only law enforcement worker willing to help me and believes there's something more going on and that's Detective Hirohito. Still, despite having boundaries on what he can investigate, he's helped me do some snooping of my own. Maybe it's pout of pity, but what matters is he's helping me.

I haven't been able to do much though. When I read the text 'Kageyama' sent to his mom and sister. I know he didn't send that text though. I was in a groupchat with him and Hinata before so I know how he texts, and that wasn't him.

Hinata had no issues at school or home and he was too passionate about volleyball to cut his life short before he could reach his goal. Plus, Hirohito said there were signs of a struggle. I know he didn't kill himself. The police are just too lazy to actually investigate it.

Kunimi died in a car accident 2 months ago... It was the day after we'd studied together at the library I remember. He was in a car accident that he supposedly died in. It was a bad accident, but the Hirohito said there were signs of an unknown substance in his system and evidence that it's possible he was dead before the accident. His parents, who he was in the car with, both survived and claimed they just assumed he was asleep. The police didn't investigate further.

Kentaro got caught in a 'robbery gone wrong'. He had multiple broken ribs and a fractured wrist so he hasn't been able to play volleyball for the past month. He's been acting different since then though. He seems more distant from the team and I and on guard anytime we're near the team. He gets irritated anytime someone says anything about the incident. He's hiding something about it but I don't know what.

A knock on my bedroom door interrupts my thoughts. I panic as I hide the papers from Hirohito under a stack of school text books as I pull out my homework and a pencil. "J-just a minute!" I shout before going to unlock my bedroom door.

I open it to see Iwaizumi leaning against the doorway. I'm relieved I managed to hide the papers on time otherwise he probably would've freaked. It's scary when he gets mad.

"Z-zumi?" I mutter confused at why he's here. "Hey bunny.. Have you gotten any sleep?" His eyes narrow as he stands up straight before lifting my chin lightly as he looks me in the eyes. His thumb swipes over the eye bags beneath my eyes. I hesitate before shaking my head no.

"I couldn't sleep so I was just working on homework.." I lie. He glances at my desk to see my algebra homework spread across my desk. He sighs. "You do realize it's 7am and we have school today, right?" He looks at me concerned.

"Eh??" I pull away as I speed walk to my window, looking outside to see it's already light out. "Oh.. It's fine. I'm not tired" I shrug as I fix my uniform that I forgot to change out of. I've gotten used to going days without sleep at this point.

"I don't think you shoul-" he starts but I interrupt. "I'll be ok, please. I need some sort of distraction... Besides, at this time even if I try to sleep I won't be able to." I explain. He's quiet for a moment as he considers. "Fine." He sighs. I smile as I hug him.

He leaves my room as I get my stuff together, making sure to hide the papers in the pack of my bag. I'd leave them here if I didn't think someone was going through my room when I'm not around.

I leave the room after making sure I have everything. We leave and he reaches to hold my hand. I'm hesitant as I take it.

I feel nervous around him now. I know he's my boyfriend, but still. He's been acting off. Sometimes he'll be normal, but he has his moments where he'll get jealous easily, he'll want to know what I'm doing, who I'm talking to, any plans I have. He gets mad when I don't tell him where I'm going and who with.

It scares me sometimes, but I've managed to convince myself that he's my boyfriend and just looking after me. Or has he convinced me that? I don't know. He also doesn't let me hang out around the other 3rd years anymore, mainly Oikawa for some reason. He gets irritated any time he tries to hug me or anything.

My thoughts are interrupted as we head inside the school where students crowd the halls. I cower behind Iwaizumi to avoid the loud students who talk about the incidents upon seeing me. I've known all 4 so obviously there's theories and rumors going around. Mainly from the Oikawa fan girls upset I'm with the volleyball team so often.

I squeeze Iwaizumis hand as he walks with me to my class before saying his goodbyes and heading to his own. I approach my seat at the back against the window as I zone out, staring at the birds flying outside.

Finally my classes all end as I get my stuff ready to head to the gym. Kentaro hasn't played because of his injuries, but Iwaizumi wanted me to continue going during the practices so that he could walk me home after.

I'm drowsy as I wait for everyone to leave. The tiredness hit this morning and I've been constantly pinching myself to keep myself awake all day. My mind feels scattered as I haven't really been able to process much of anything that's happened all day. I have to hold onto the desks and walls as I walk to keep myself from tipping over.

After leaving the classroom I head outside as I make my way to the boys gym. I only make it halfway there when I feel a tug at my arm.

Almost panicking I look over to see a familiar face as I sigh of relief. "Are you ok? You seem on edge..." He says. I nod "y-yeah.. Just tired." I mutter as I rub my eyes.

"Ok... Anyways I need to talk to you" He says with a smile. I look at him confused. "But what abou-" "don't worry, it'll be quick" he claims, not giving me any time to protest as he grabs my hand, dragging me behind him.

Something is definitely off... But my mind is too hazy to be able to do anything about it.

-

🖤