Chapter 2

L'Labi arrived on Earth. He set his spacecraft on camouflage as it entered the atmosphere. L'Labi had his GPC, the spacecraft's computer, locked on the spacepod which crash landed earlier that day. The ship went straight to its destination and stopped right above the forest where the spacepod crashed.

"GPC, any lifeforms I should be worried about before I touch down?"

"No, officer L'Labi. The lifeforms below are not a threat to you."

"Thank you GPC. Hopefully our escapee is nearby."

L'Labi walked over to the back of the ship as he typed on a pad on the sleeve of his wrist. The back of the ship opened as an energy field went over L'Labi's body. L'Labi had an anti-gravity field around him which let him float down to Earth with ease.

L'Labi landed only a couple of feet away from the spacepod. He brought out his raygun as he approached.

"Please tell me you're still in there," he whispered to himself as he got in eyesight of the spacepod. He stood over the small crater and could see the spacepod was open with nothing inside. "Just great," he said as he looked at his surroundings. He tapped his earpiece. "GPC, is there any sign of our alien friend nearby?"

"L'Labi, I can read signs of certain lifeforms nearby but none seem to be the alien we are looking for."

"Of course he's not nearby. These missions can never be easy."

L'Labi tossed a small ball onto the spacepod, causing it to be surrounded in an anti-gravity field. He used a whip wrapped around his wrist to pull the spacepod out of the crater, tossing it into the air. The spacepod floated all the way up to his spacecraft. It was visible for about ten seconds before entering his camouflaged ship.

L'Labi dialed something on his wrist and an image of an alien animal came up. The animal was blue with large paws and claws for its small stature. The animal wasn't considered dangerous as long as it wasn't threatened. It had the ability to shapeshift but not into anything larger than itself. The alien animal was a Lurken from the galaxy in district fifteen.

L'Labi dialed something else into his wrist and the image of a Human came up. The Humans were the smartest lifeform on planet Earth but far away from being any threat to the greater universe. It was still best to avoid the Humans. They weren't known to be civil with what they found strange or different.

L'Labi dialed another thing into his wrist and his uniform changed color. His clothes now resembled a police officer's uniform. The uniform wasn't the only thing to transform. L'Labi's appearance changed to resemble a Human.

***

Sam sat cross legged as he stared at the blue raccoon who was licking its paws. "Do you have a name?" He asked the blue raccoon.

The blue raccoon looked up at Sam and made a strange sound, something you would hear from a bird.

"You're no regular raccoon," said Sam. "I guess that goes without saying. If you do not have a name, would you mind if I gave you one?"

The blue raccoon only stared at Sam with a blank expression.

"Alright, how does Stitch sound?"

The blue raccoon gave out a low growl.

"Okay not Stitch. How about Blue?"

The blue raccoon let out a loud growl like before when it faced off against the bear. The growl caused Sam to fall on his back.

Sam felt something get crushed in his pocket. He pulled out a gooey yogurt he had forgotten was in his back pocket. The raccoon licked the yogurt from his fingers as Sam read the name of the brand. "Okay, definitely not Blue. How about Nubi?"

The blue raccoon seemed to think about the name before letting out another bird sound.

"So Nubi it is?"

The blue raccoon let out another bird like cheer, alongside with a nod.

"Cool, Nubi it'll be." Sam stood up. "Nubi, would you like to see my home? I have more food you could eat."

Nubi gave Sam an eager nod.

"Good, you're going to like it. Follow me." Sam led the way as Nubi followed.

Sam and Nubi were reaching the end of the forest and could hear voices. Sam and Nubi slowed down as they approached. Sam didn't recognize the voices but it sounded like they were arguing.

Sam turned around and put a finger up to his mouth. "Be very quiet." Sam got low while Nubi gave him a nod. "You understand me, don't you?"

Sam got on his knees as he and Nubi crawled towards the voices. They hid between some bushes as the people came into view. There were four older gentlemen on a secluded section of the forest. One of the men seemed to be angry while another was scared. The other two stood to the side and were amused by the whole situation.

Sam and Nubi had their heads in the bushes as the angry old man shoved the scared one around. They couldn't tell what the argument was about but Sam felt this might be something he shouldn't be seeing. Sam was about to back away when the angry man pulled out a gun. Sam reached and grabbed Nubi for support. Nubi didn't react to Sam, having his eyes lock on the gun.

The gun went off and Sam gasped. The gasp got the attention of one of the men who stood by the side.

"Did you hear that?" asked the man.

"Yes Jimmy," said the other man. "We all heard it. It's kind of hard not to hear a gunshot, especially when you're right next to it."

"Not the gun you idiot," said Jimmy. "It sounded like something came from the bushes."

Sam jumped up, leaving the three men in a stand still over their surprise. Sam was the first to react and took off running in the opposite direction. Nubi followed Sam but none of the men could see him because of how low he was.

"What are you doing?" asked the man holding the gun. "Go after him."

"Let's go Russell," said Jimmy as he ran ahead.