Chapter 3

It was the middle of the night and everyone except Torta was sleeping. He worked on the computer, trying to analyze the planet. Mutt Daimon barked out the window.

Torta went to the ship's window, seeing Ninja Lu outside. Torta turned to the deck where Alex slept on the captain's seat. "Alex," yelled Torta, startling Alex out of his sleep.

Mutt Daimon ran to Alex. "What happened?" asked Alex, petting Mutt Daimon.

"Lu is back," said Torta. "Without Delvis."

Alex went over to the window and saw Lu. "That's strange. Let him in. I'll meet him at the dock."

"Okay," said Torta as he opened the loading dock. "I'll inform the others."

Alex and Mutt Daimon made it to the dock just as Ninja Lu came inside. "Lu, what happened to Delvis?"

Lu didn't quickly answer as Mutt Daimon came to sniff his leg. Lu observed the ship before turning to Alex. "They sent me away. I guess having two Lus on one ship was way too much for them."

"Understandable. I guess wearing those wraps wasn't enough."

"Guess not." Mutt Daimon barked at Lu.

Genie Tirado appeared on the loading dock behind Lu. "You're back sooner than expected," said Tirado, startling Lu. "You okay there? I don't think I've ever startled you before."

"Yeah, It's been a long night and I'm off my game." Mutt Daimon continued to bark at Lu.

"What's wrong with you, Mutt Daimon?" asked Alex. "Come over here boy." Mutt Daimon did as he was told and stood at his master's side.

Torta, Papo and Celi entered the loading dock, joining the rest of the crew. Papo rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I take your presence here means they've made their decision?"

"Not yet," answered Lu. "Their leader sent me away because I freaked him out."

"Hmpt," scoffed Papo. "This world's Lu is more of a wimp than I thought."

"We need to send someone to protect Delvis," said Celi.

"Can't be you," said Papo. "They already have a Celi too."

"We'll go," said Alex, looking down at Mutt Daimon.

"That would be the right decision," said Torta. "If things don't go as planned, you'd be the perfect person to help out Delvis."

"You can go right ahead," said Lu. "They're waiting for my replacement."

"We'll get going then," said Alex. "Anything I should know before I go?"

"Nothing of importance."

"I'll see you guys soon." Alex and Mutt Daimon left the ship.

"You really didn't learn anything of importance?" asked Torta.

"Actually, I learned what type of gargoyles we're dealing with," answered Lu. "Let's get to the deck. I can point out where the gargoyles are located."

Everyone gathered at the captain's deck. Celi looked out at the Earth while everyone else stood at their stations. Lu noticed a glass case in the middle of the room and couldn't take his eyes off of it.

"I'm surprised we haven't run into the gargoyles yet," said Celi.

"The gargoyles in this world had given up trying to fight the humans," said Lu, his eyes still on the glass case. "Their ship is too strong for them and they found the fight pointless."